Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best and Fairest Dinner ticketing fiasco

Regular in the Side

Best and Fairest Dinner ticketing fiasco

I was emailed a few days from the Club with Notice that tickets for the Club Champion Dinner would be going on sale on 17 May at 10.00am I made an attempt that day only to be informed that the tickets were sold out in ONE MINUTE!!!. A friend of mine tried to contact at exactly 10 o�clock on the dot and was also informed that the Dinner was sold out.

As a member for over twenty years, (and a Redback for 15 years), and having attended B&F Dinners going back to 1999, my main feelings are of disgust and angry. What a terrible way to treat loyal members! One can only assume that the priority here was Corporates.

Disgraceful.

I'M SPEWING.
    Here's a copy of the correspondence I've had with the club today about it.

Hi Events,

I logged in at 10.00am this morning to purchase a Club Champion Dinner ticket.
    The details on the page said that the event was for �2016�. Obviously, this is an error.
    I sent a message through the Zen Desk �send us an email here� option at 10.01 to enquire about this. I got a message back saying the desk was unattended. Why would the help desk be unattended on a day where ticket purchases are being made?
    At 10.03, I tried to go ahead and purchase a ticket. The message �Limited availability. Please call our staff to place order!� appeared.
    At 10.05 I called the club trying to see how this is possible� at 10.08 Anita told me to join the waiting list.
    How can this happen?
    If Redback members are given a prior opportunity to purchase tickets to the BnF before other members, how many tickets are actually available to the redback members?
    I would appreciate being contacted about this.
    Obviously, I�m not very happy.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your feedback.

As you can understand, this event is very popular and sells out very quickly every year. The reason the desk was unattended is all our staff were on the phones at the time, to people that were in the same boat as you and were calling up about purchasing tickets to the Club Champion Dinner. We do our best and have as many people as we can on the phones and answering call backs during the time of the tickets going online, but we can�t get to everyone all at once.

Redback members unfortunately don�t get priority to ticket purchase to this event and this was clearly communicated in all member e-news and other correspondence about the Club Champion Dinner on sale date.

I can see that you are on the waitlist so if/when tickets become available, you will be notified via email.

In years past, the Redback members were granted an earlier time to purchase tickets to this event.
    I�m very sorry if I don�t have time to read the small print on the hundreds of emails you send a week, but I can�t recall this changing.
    I can�t see the point in spending so much on a Redback membership. This was one of the benefits of the membership.
    Not impressed at all.

I really don't know how a 1,400-seat ticketed event can sell out in less than a minute.
    Even if there were 400 seats available... how do they go in less than a minute.

Seriously unimpressed.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Sounds bizarre
    1. Members who pay most should be given priority and this should braduate down to members who pay least.
    pretty simple.
    If it's going to sell out, then fans who are not members should have no access. (I am currently not a member)

Obviously they need a larger venue with big screens set up so more can attend.
    Kind of a good problem to have, should be easy enough to solve.

Make hay while the sun shines...

This is the perfect example of why the Swans should appoint somebody to liaise with this forum and provide answers when needed.
    That benefits everyone, generates connectivity and goodwill.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Sounds bizarre
    1. Members who pay most should be given priority and this should braduate down to members who pay least.
    pretty simple.
    If it's going to sell out, then fans who are not members should have no access. (I am currently not a member)

This is the perfect example of why the Swans should appoint somebody to liaise with this forum and provide answers when needed.
    I can assure you I don�t see it as being a �good� problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Sounds bizarre
    pretty simple.

If they REALLY want to make extra money with extra seating, they should move the function back to the new convention centre at Darling Harbour.
    Obviously 1,400 seats are not enough.
    Well, 150 seats to regular members are not enough.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Further communication from the club...

Hi Annie,

We were sorry to read that you were one of the members who missed out on Club Champion tickets this morning. We can certainly understand your disappointment.

All Redback members where provided information regarding the on sale date and time for Club Champion Dinner tickets earlier than anyone else but we do also have to mention that strictly limited tickets would be available for purchase. The on sale this morning was open to all members and not only Redbacks as past seasons have permitted. The decision to change this process for 2018 was due to the disappointment felt by many Redback members who missed out on the limited tickets available last season and the fact that we could not guarantee everyone a ticket. If we knew that we would have enough tickets left over once the players have taken how many they would like for their families then we would only sell these to our Redback members but that is simply not possible.

From year to year, we are continually trying to improve our Redback membership benefits so that all of our Redback�s thoroughly enjoy their membership experience. This includes exclusive access to the playing team at Redback specific functions, premium member tipping competitions (congratulations on leading this as of today!), a ticket to the Guernsey Presentation and Hall of Fame Dinner as well as access to Finals tickets, including the Grand Final, via the Club instead of the usual ticketing companies. As mentioned above, we did remove the pre-sale option for Redbacks members as if there were 0 tickets remaining after player allocations we would not be able to offer any benefit at all.

We are always open to suggestions for future Redback benefits. Our goal is always to only provide options upon which we can deliver hence why you could choose to remove parking this season if it was something you did not use. If you ever have anything in mind that would improve your membership, we would love to hear your feedback as a long serving Redback member.

I look forward to seeing you at the SCG very soon and please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

What a crock.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    I can assure you I don�t see it as being a �good� problem.
    That's a weird comment.
    How can having a massively huge demand for an event not be a good problem?
    As I said, move it to a larger venue.
    Club makes more money, more people are kept happy, etc

I get where you are coming from, that there is disappointment in missing out right now though
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Further communication from the club...
    ... premium member tipping competitions (congratulations on leading this as of today!), ...

What a crock.
    I think this is the biggest news to come out of this "fiasco"
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I think this is the biggest news to come out of this "fiasco"
    I know right... by one point!!!
    This time last year I was well and truly knocked out. I normally leave the comp after about round 3.
    I pretty much chose whoever was playing Carlton!!

Veterans List
    Looks like pretty shabby organising. Haven't they heard about deadlines. Give the players a deadline, if they don't get their numbers back on time then tell them stiff bickies. Then they would know how many tickets would be available. Sounds like it is a..."players come first so stuff the supporters". So it is a players night not a supporters night. That last correspondence was rather condescending. "Congratulations on leading the tipping comp" could easily have been shortened to a middle finger emoji.

Top40... did you get a phone call from the club today?

I said to my mates as we were leaving (very) early on Saturday night, I bet the club call me this week with a ticket to the Club Champion Dinner... a lot of bandwagoner (corporate) people will pull out last now that we've lost.

Well, bugger me. Guess who just called me.

I told the chick who called that I'm so upset, I can't be trusted around the players, and the fact that the option to purchase a ticket was pulled from the redback membership package with no notice, is why I'm not going.

It used to be that the members (and fans) were encouraged to be a part of the club. I can't remember the name of the lady who used to run the membership department (then went to Manly). She was the one driving the push to be involved.

Not very happy with the utter disregard the club treats its members with these days.

Bring on the survey.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Top40... did you get a phone call from the club today?

I said to my mates as we were leaving (very) early on Saturday night, I bet the club call me this week with a ticket to the Club Champion Dinner... a lot of bandwagoner (corporate) people will pull out last now that we've lost.

Well, bugger me. Guess who just called me.

I told the chick who called that I'm so upset, I can't be trusted around the players, and the fact that the option to purchase a ticket was pulled from the redback membership package with no notice, is why I'm not going.

It used to be that the members (and fans) were encouraged to be a part of the club. I can't remember the name of the lady who used to run the membership department (then went to Manly). She was the one driving the push to be involved.

Not very happy with the utter disregard the club treats its members with these days.

Bring on the survey.
    I think it was Larissa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast