Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 9 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Mentioned elsewhere, I think by Meg, today's article in The Age by the best AFL journo Caroline Wilson is excellent and worth a read. Google using longmire clarkson Wilson and you can get past the pay wall. Expands on the VFL centric administration, heavily bags Fitzpatrick etc, an article that's good for the soul!
    If you go to the Canberra Times website you can read a lot of the articles from the Age (by passing the pay wall).

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Bulldogs back to their throwing best.
    Completely agree. Getting away with 'blue murder' they are, in the wet......and I see Stevic is just as bad as usual. Dogs first goal was a complete joke....should have been 'in danger' to Talia almost but somehow Stevic pays it 'below the knees' to Footscray as the Dogs player threw himself over the top. Stevic as an AFL umpire.......a complete joke!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Completely agree. Getting away with 'blue murder' they are, in the wet......and I see Stevic is just as bad as usual. Dogs first goal was a complete joke....should have been 'in danger' to Talia almost but somehow Stevic pays it 'below the knees' to Footscray as the Dogs player threw himself over the top. Stevic as an AFL umpire.......a complete joke!
    Yes, it was an odd interpretation of a dangerous slide, when the penalised player was actually sliding away from his opponent.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Mentioned elsewhere, I think by Meg, today's article in The Age by the best AFL journo Caroline Wilson is excellent and worth a read. Google using longmire clarkson Wilson and you can get past the pay wall. Expands on the VFL centric administration, heavily bags Fitzpatrick etc, an article that's good for the soul!

We've gone hard on Clakson's petulant display and on the McLachlan meeting and subsequent memo on blocking. Love this club, does it so well.

Tonight's game will be an interesting watch for the blocking memo results.
    What a great article from Caro. It seems this little outburst from Clarkson has damaged his reputation, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Bulldogs back to their throwing best.
    It really doesn�t seem that the AFL are going to drag this back. The strictness of a legitimate handball has been going south for years now. I wonder if they think that a heavier policing will just add to the congestion in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    If you go to the Canberra Times website you can read a lot of the articles from the Age (by passing the pay wall).
    You can read any Fairfax article (age, smh) is chrome incognito mode.

- - - Updated - - -

.. in chrome incognito...

GWS v norf, 7000, tassie.

There are two many teams in the AFL. I'd get rid of one of these two. Obviously, I'd vote north to go, but I doubt Gill has the balls.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    GWS v norf, 7000, tassie.

There are two many teams in the AFL. I'd get rid of one of these two. Obviously, I'd vote north to go, but I doubt Gill has the balls.
    I heard that Tasmanians are boycotting AFL games because of their poor treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I heard that Tasmanians are boycotting AFL games because of their poor treatment.
    That might not be the best option if they want a stand-alone team. Packing the stands each and every week is far more likely to increase the argument that they could support an AFL team as a permanent fixture.

Even though Essendon won comfortably today, it looks like the game has passed Goddard by or he is playing injured. He was doing things today where it looked like he mentally thought he was capable, but physically was unable to deliver. He looked like a player who went one year too long.

McVeigh, however, is having a great year. It is still a long way from decision time, but his form this year would warrant a discussion about playing again.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    I�ve tipped Lions. I reckon they�re due. Always pull of a big upset in the first half of the season at the Gabba, no better opportunity than now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Let�s hope they win with last kick of the game after a blocking free against Hawthorn. Luke Hodge to kick the goal after the siren. Clarko�s head to explode

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast