Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: #AFL Round 9, Swans vs Freo, 7:25pm, SCG #AFLSwansDockers @sydneyswans

I've only seen the first quarter. The quokkas were very competitive in the middle... and spent a lot more time in their 50 than we did in ours.
    Lucky for us, our backs are champions.
    Apparently, we won.
    I'll watch the rest tonight.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Thought it was one of our best wins for the year - very comprehensive team effort, with the backline absolutely outstanding. As others have noted, loving the way that Florent and Hayward are developing - seem to be showing new aspects to their game every week.

Crowd a bit down again - Royal Wedding effect? Who knows, though I did have a hardy couple of ladies in front of me sharing ear-buds and watching the RW on their iphone!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Thought it was one of our best wins for the year - very comprehensive team effort, with the backline absolutely outstanding. As others have noted, loving the way that Florent and Hayward are developing - seem to be showing new aspects to their game every week.
    Not sure I'd have it as our best win of the year, given we've won four on the road, including three against sides generally pretty hard to defeat on their home grounds. And the quality of the opposition really wasn't up to much, Fyfe, Walters and Sandi aside, and even those three weren't at their best. It was a decently even performance but there's still plenty of room for improvement, especially if Kennedy and Hanners can regain their best form (both restricted by injury/fitness at the moment, I reckon).

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Easy to decipher the split this week. I prefer a more difficult puzzle.
    I was working on it, but I ate my crayon.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Buddy didn�t seem at all troubled by his heel.
    I don't know about that, he seemed to lack his usual penetration on his kicks.
    Didn't look like kicking a 55m bomb all night.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I don't know about that, he seemed to lack his usual penetration on his kicks.
    Didn't look like kicking a 55m bomb all night.
    Hard to know if that was him being troubled by his heel, or a reflection that he's done next to no training in the last month. Even before he had some time out, his kicking had become less accurate and penetrating in the weeks following the Weagles game. Again, this might have been directly due to discomfort in his foot but could have reflected the lack of training (which we now know about).

Has anyone read anything that discloses which foot he has had the problem with? I imagine his right heel takes more of a pounding as his planted foot when he kicks.

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hard to know if that was him being troubled by his heel, or a reflection that he's done next to no training in the last month. Even before he had some time out, his kicking had become less accurate and penetrating in the weeks following the Weagles game. Again, this might have been directly due to discomfort in his foot but could have reflected the lack of training (which we now know about).

Has anyone read anything that discloses which foot he has had the problem with? I imagine his right heel takes more of a pounding as his planted foot when he kicks.
    There has been no mention of the thigh bandage on Buddy's left leg. He started the game with it and not one mention by the commentators or any RWOers.
    I noticed it straight away and thought maybe the heel bruising had been a ruse all this time. Maybe whatever is wrong with his thigh is affecting his kicking.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure I'd have it as our best win of the year, given we've won four on the road, including three against sides generally pretty hard to defeat on their home grounds. And the quality of the opposition really wasn't up to much, Fyfe, Walters and Sandi aside, and even those three weren't at their best. It was a decently even performance but there's still plenty of room for improvement, especially if Kennedy and Hanners can regain their best form (both restricted by injury/fitness at the moment, I reckon).
    Sorry, should have elaborated - one of our most even four qr team performances - other wins have either required heavy Bud/Ronke intervention or resulted from some spectacular quarters. While neither will include it in their career highlights reel, actually quite liked the roles played by both Kennedy & Hanners. But yes, certainly still plenty of RFI.

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    There has been no mention of the thigh bandage on Buddy's left leg. He started the game with it and not one mention by the commentators or any RWOers.
    I noticed it straight away and thought maybe the heel bruising had been a ruse all this time. Maybe whatever is wrong with his thigh is affecting his kicking.
    I would only worry about thigh bandages when he comes out all wrapped up like Roosey used to be.
    Maybe his thighs were just cold.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789