Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 10 v Brisbane

Lions play a high risk, up tempo style but do have an error or 2 in them under pressure. We need to play the percentages and not panic when the ball is pumped directly into our defensive 50. For that reason, I wouldn�t select Aliir this week - he panics and is a poor decision maker. Agree that a second ruck would be handy given Lions have Stef and Oscar. Rohan�s output has been poor and its time for him to go back to Neafl - we can�t keep picking him for the odd flash of brilliance. So for my 10c worth:
    In: Cameron Towers
    Out: Rohan McCartain (McCartain stays if Buddy suspended)

No real need to change.
    May bring in towers if he's fit and available.

Can't see any need to change unless we want to bring in an extra tall defender. Decent game by most players against Freo.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bungwahl View Post
    Can't see any need to change unless we want to bring in an extra tall defender. Decent game by most players against Freo.
    Melican should be available for selection, per Harley's injury report last week.

Veterans List
    Mark Robinson has Buddy suspended ????.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

I'd prefer to wait for the MRP's verdict.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Goes up to 11
    Buddy cleared by the MRP.
    Sanity prevails.

Senior Player
    Beauty !

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

Proving what an idiot he is........

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Proving what an idiot he is........
    The bogan's bogan. Won't stop him making similar statements in future. Murdoch knows how to pick them. People who are prepared to say what they know people want to hear, regardless of evidence, reason or truth. He won't back down and say he was wrong; he'll just have a crack at the MRP.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    The bogan's bogan. Won't stop him making similar statements in future. Murdoch knows how to pick them. People who are prepared to say what they know people want to hear, regardless of evidence, reason or truth. He won't back down and say he was wrong; he'll just have a crack at the MRP.
    Yep, just a populist. When I watch the show I often think he's had a few before going on air.

I watched the Buddy incident a number of times, other than the fact Hamling threw himself at Buddy and got concussed, I couldn't for the life of me see how there was anything in it - media beat up.

Not sticking up for Mark Robinson, but I feel that his comment regarding Buddy was more to do with sensationalism and tall poppy syndrome. There are incidents in every game where the tackled player is fighting to free himself out of the tackle and I am sure if you scrutinize the games you will find contact to both the ball carrier and the tackler with stray limbs connecting with different parts of the bodies. This is normal because it is a contact sport. Unfortunately because of Buddy's size he had incidental contact with the head of the freo defender. If it had been another Swans player in the same situation then there would not have been any scrutiny, but because it was Buddy then the experts are calling for the "head" of the influential superstar. Classic cut down the tall poppy syndrome. Fortunately Michael Christian judged it for what it was and common sense prevailed.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast