Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 10 v Brisbane

I don't want to disrespect Brisbane, Carlton, or St Kilda but I feel that this period offers an opportunity to "manage" anyone carrying a niggle. Perhaps Josh Kennedy with his knee concern could be given a game off. Thoughts?

No change. Melican, if fit, needs a week in the NEAFL. We have won a couple in a row and those in the team deserve reward for that, especially the young guys. They will probably be managed later in the season. Hopefully we can do a better job of playing Franklin and Ronke in the same team this week. I thought it worked well in the first quarter but Buddy demanded the ball a little too often after that. On the other hand, it's Buddy, so what do I know!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I don't want to disrespect Brisbane, Carlton, or St Kilda but I feel that this period offers an opportunity to "manage" anyone carrying a niggle. Perhaps Josh Kennedy with his knee concern could be given a game off. Thoughts?
    Brisbane have been playing good footy. The Swans will need to be on their toes and have close to a full list to win.

Warming the Bench
    Brisbane are a pretty exciting team to watch. Being a Brisbanite I see many of their games live. They are let down by skills at times but they are playing attacking football. Although they have a tall forward line they aren't great marks so I think having a smallish back line is going to work in our favour. Hipwood is really quick for a tall player so the Rampe match up seems more likely than Grundy, Reg would go to the resting Ruckman.

No changes (unless forced) for mine
    Last edited by mattybloods; 22nd May 2018 at 10:22 AM.

No changes I'd suspect. Rohan is on my chopping block though.

Melican to earn his spot back through the NEAFL.

Any word on where Dawson is at with his injury? Can we expect him back in the NEAFL this week or next?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Any word on where Dawson is at with his injury? Can we expect him back in the NEAFL this week or next?
    IIRC, last week Dawson and a number of others were listed as two weeks so assume that batch will all be one week later today when lists are updated.

Think Pink might return this week :-)

Reid was still 6-8 weeks so at best will get a month of footy before the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Lions play a high risk, up tempo style but do have an error or 2 in them under pressure. We need to play the percentages and not panic when the ball is pumped directly into our defensive 50. For that reason, I wouldn�t select Aliir this week - he panics and is a poor decision maker. Agree that a second ruck would be handy given Lions have Stef and Oscar. Rohan�s output has been poor and its time for him to go back to Neafl - we can�t keep picking him for the odd flash of brilliance. So for my 10c worth:
    In: Cameron Towers
    Out: Rohan McCartain (McCartain stays if Buddy suspended)
    Spot on..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they�ll have to reward Cameron soon for his NEAFL form. Whether that�s at the expense of McCartin I don�t know. Think they�ll also be very keen to get Melican back too... Brisbane were too tall for Hawthorn

But no idea who�d go out
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 23rd May 2018 at 01:03 AM.

Cameron and Melican/Alir in
    Need 2 rucks and a tall defender

Melican for me is an Auto select when fit, more than proved that over the last 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Cameron and Melican/Alir in
    Need 2 rucks and a tall defender

Melican for me is an Auto select when fit, more than proved that over the last 12 months
    Who goes out? I think McCartin would have to make way for Cameron and for Melican would they drop Gaz? Don�t see any obvious outs / passengers

In: Towers Cameron
    Out: McCartin Rohan
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast