Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #AFL Round 10 Weekly Discussion Thread

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Huh?
    I think barry meant "two" not "to"
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Melbourne are very good, and coming hard.

They have a half dozen top 10 draft picks rotating through the midfield, plus Nathan Jones. They have Gawn supplying them. They have a no1 draft pick in Hogan now playing superb footy. They have the McDonalds and Lever for their spine.

Throw in a terrific small forward in Garlett (who didn�t play yesterday), a good small defender in Jetta, and the experience of Hibberd and Lewis and Vince.

That is the makings of a bloody good footy team.

As much as they blew their final round game last year, I reckon they also had some excuses on the year overall (Hogan�s absence for a long period for example).

To see them where they are should be no surprise.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by I�m-uninformed2 View Post
    I hate both.

They are Collingwood, and there is Eddie - one of the worst people to ever exist.

But I can�t look at the Dogs without thinking of the 22 players and three cheats in yellow stealing a flag. I hope every single one of them gets badly injured, loses all their money after developing a gambling habit, gets ditched by their wives and ends up living under a bridge eating cat food.

A Pies win - though in a close game that gives Eddie a coronary would be ideal.
    I used to like the Bulldogs - that is, until the 2016 GF. Now, I hope they lose every game. They played well in Q1 on Friday night but something inside me thought 'no they will not be able to keep it up for 4 quarters and Collingwood will win'. The Bulldogs are cellar dwellers this year, last year they didn't make finals. It just shows that 2016 was an aberration. But why did we have to be wrong end of this - why wasn't it Hawthorn. Hang on a minute - Hawthorn did get shafted in the 2016 semi vs the Bulldogs.

What happened to Bogan Bevo's prediction of a Bulldogs 'Dynasty' after the 2016 gf?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    I used to like the Bulldogs - that is, until the 2016 GF. Now, I hope they lose every game.

What happened to Bogan Bevo's prediction of a Bulldogs 'Dynasty' after the 2016 gf?
    Just proves the level of delusion that gripped that club after their GF 'win'........so annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    I used to like the Bulldogs - that is, until the 2016 GF. Now, I hope they lose every game. They played well in Q1 on Friday night but something inside me thought 'no they will not be able to keep it up for 4 quarters and Collingwood will win'. The Bulldogs are cellar dwellers this year, last year they didn't make finals. It just shows that 2016 was an aberration. But why did we have to be wrong end of this - why wasn't it Hawthorn. Hang on a minute - Hawthorn did get shafted in the 2016 semi vs the Bulldogs.

Any small amount of like I had for the dogs ended with the Libba/Kelly scratchings and the 'dirty dogs' era that they went through.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I think barry meant "two" not "to"
    Yes

Veterans List
    I noticed that non Victorian teams are being given less games on the MCG even when they are playing against an MCG tenant.

On the weekend the Eagles played the Hawks at Etihad and Adelaide played Melbourne in Alice Springs. Next week Port Adelaide play the Hawks in Launceston. In a few weeks we will be playing Richmond at Etihad.

I'm sure there are other examples. It just shows the continued disadvantage that non Victorian teams face.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Has any premier ever had an easier opening draw than Richmond?

In their first 10 games they have played 8 in Melbourne with 7 of those at their home ground of the MCG. Only 2 if those games involved finalists from last year (and they�ve lost both).
    Not to mention the teams they play twice, along with where they currently sit on the ladder:

6. Geelong
    7. Adelaide
    8. Pies
    12. Bombers
    16. St Kilda

Compared to us:

1. Weagles
    5. Norf
    6. Geelong
    10. Hawks
    11. GWS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123