Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 10, Swans vs Lions, Gabba

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I reckon that's how a lot of people would see our boys too. Every one of our games (since not standing up for Mills) has started out with plenty of push and shove. I didn't notice it in past years.
    Maybe we just rolled over in the past.

I like that Darcy Gardiner ended up with a fine at least for his tough guy act against Hayward (pick on someone your own size!) - but I liked Heeney�s reaction even more.

I take your point though, we should not be encouraging violence. The acts I dislike are the unnecessary �rub it in your face� moments - particularly after a successful holding the ball tackle. All teams do it - and it just reads as bad sportsmanship.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Coaches' votes

10 Beams
    6 Hewett
    4 Robinson
    3 Gardiner
    3 Martin
    2 Kennedy
    1 Andrews
    1 Jones

Beams 5-5
    Hewett 4-2
    Robinson 4-0
    Gardiner 3-0
    Martin 3-0
    Kennedy 2-0
    Andrews 1-0
    Jones 1-0
    Mmm. 21 votes to 9. Just lucky I saw the scores before I read that!

Senior Player
    Coaches' votes

10 Beams
    6 Hewett
    4 Robinson
    3 Gardiner
    3 Martin
    2 Kennedy
    1 Andrews
    1 Jones

Beams 5-5
    Hewett 4-2
    Robinson 4-0
    Gardiner 3-0
    Martin 3-0
    Kennedy 2-0
    Andrews 1-0
    Jones 1-0
    Some oddness here. Given the same coach must have given Hewett 4 and Kennedy 2 (couldn't give them both to Hewett), the other coach must have given their 5, 4 and 3 votes to Lions players. Seems a bit over the top. Also surprising the other coach didn't give Robinson a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Some oddness here. Given the same coach must have given Hewett 4 and Kennedy 2 (couldn't give them both to Hewett), the other coach must have given their 5, 4 and 3 votes to Lions players. Seems a bit over the top. Also surprising the other coach didn't give Robinson a vote.
    Can't imagine Horse giving 5-4-3 to Lions players. So he must have given four to Hewett. Agreed some oddities.

1. Horse not that happy with the effort of his team? - 5 (Beams), 4 (Hewett), 3 (Gardiner or Martin), 2 (Kennedy) and 1 (Jones)
    2. Fagan very ungenerous to the victors. - 5 (Beams), 4 (Robinson), 3 (Gardiner or Martin), 2 (Hewett) and 1 (Andrews).

Coaches' votes

10 Beams
    6 Hewett
    4 Robinson
    3 Gardiner
    3 Martin
    2 Kennedy
    1 Andrews
    1 Jones

Beams 5-5
    Hewett 4-2
    Robinson 4-0
    Gardiner 3-0
    Martin 3-0
    Kennedy 2-0
    Andrews 1-0
    Jones 1-0
    Personally, I would have given Gardiner a week or two, rather than votes.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Can't imagine Horse giving 5-4-3 to Lions players. So he must have given four to Hewett. Agreed some oddities.

1. Horse not that happy with the effort of his team? - 5 (Beams), 4 (Hewett), 3 (Gardiner or Martin), 2 (Kennedy) and 1 (Jones)
    2. Fagan very ungenerous to the victors. - 5 (Beams), 4 (Robinson), 3 (Gardiner or Martin), 2 (Hewett) and 1 (Andrews).
    I think you're right. I also think Fagan's 3 votes went to Gardiner noting these comments: Beams still leading by example: Fagan - Beams still leading by example: Fagan - AFL.com.au. Also can't see Longmire giving Gardiner 3 given his thuggery.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post

I like that Darcy Gardiner ended up with a fine at least for his tough guy act against Hayward (pick on someone your own size!) - but I liked Heeney�s reaction even more.

I take your point though, we should not be encouraging violence. The acts I dislike are the unnecessary �rub it in your face� moments - particularly after a successful holding the ball tackle. All teams do it - and it just reads as bad sportsmanship.
    Can't believe Gardiner got away with a fine! Two punches fairly flush on Hayward's face......

In regard to the 'rub it in your face' moments....I agree with your assessment. It's bad sportsmanship as well as acting like they're king for doing one good thing......all I can say is, they'd better be able to back it up time and time again to warrant that sort of 'I am' carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Can't believe Gardiner got away with a fine! Two punches fairly flush on Hayward's face.......
    Yep, it should have been classified as �striking� and graded intentional, low impact, high contact = a one match suspension.

To get the result Hocking/Christian wanted it was instead classified as �misconduct� which has a financial penalty at the MRO�s discretion.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post

Heeney never takes a backward step. Also didnot mine McCartin stepping in. Good sign for such a young kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that people liked Stoddart so much. I've only seen the first half of this game so far, and he didn't much impress me. Was he better in the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I'm surprised that people liked Stoddart so much. I've only seen the first half of this game so far, and he didn't much impress me. Was he better in the second half?
    To me he looked kinda out of place and a bit lost at times.
    But...
    ....his first game....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    To me he looked kinda out of place and a bit lost at times.
    But...
    ....his first game....
    He kicked a goal!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast