One of the interesting commentaries and oft repeated but mistaken platitudes is how the bigger Swans' bodies eventually wear down the opposition. The fact is the on the weekend the Swans were easily the shortest and lightest team playing. They were around 3 cm shorter and 5 kgs lighter than Brisbane.

It's hard to correct this overnight with the likes of Hayward, Florent, Ronke and Papley all playing well and not likely to be pushed out of the side. But I think the Swans do need to bulk up a bit as I've noticed that we are more susceptible to having tackles broken and this lack of size will be telling as the season wears on. We've done okay in defence despite being grossly undersized. The defensive group is working well together, which has papered over the lack of size.

Melican or Aliir should come into the side sometime soon. Even though he's been in modest form this year, I wouldn't mind giving Aliir a look in to he senior side before Melican is fit to go. We also have several mature bodies like O'Riordan, Fox, Towers and Newman who can all come in to the senior side and do a good job (perhaps making a bit of a positive projection for COR). I would also expect that Reid and Rohan will be back in the side by the time August rolls around.

I like the way the kids are going, but I'm not sure if it's going to be good enough to get us deep into finals. It's going to be close.