Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 10, Swans vs Lions, Gabba

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

#AFL Round 10, Swans vs Lions, Gabba

I reckon Swans by 18
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    ME TOO !!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Stoddart to kick his first goal.

Veterans List
    Welcome back RWO.

Probably a good thing I couldn't post because that umpiring was terrible. It was way over umpired and half the time I had no idea what the frees were for.

It loves to rain when we play in Queensland. It was a hard slog and I'm happy with the win.

Backline was great yet again.

Youngsters were impressive...Hayward, Florent, Ronke. The conditions didn't really suit McCartin or Stoddart.

Gotta love Heeney...his goal kicking was much better today. Great marks in those conditions.

McVeigh was McVeigh. He really is so composed.

We are still undefeated away from home!

Looking forward to the game next week to see our new indigenous top.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

Probably a good thing I couldn't post because that umpiring was terrible. It was way over umpired and half the time I had no idea what the frees were for.
    Most of the time the players on both sides didn't know who the free was for which was kinda funny to happen so often.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    I hear it's probably going to be wet......

Anyway, we ground out a win and got the four points. The Lions are far better than their ladder position suggests, especially at home.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 26th May 2018 at 10:47 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I hear it will probably going to be wet......
    Was in Brisbane for the weekend so went to the match. It was a very gruelling game. Lions had a lot more energy than us in last quarter but our defence was outstanding. We gave up 21 inside 50s in last quarter. Players should do very little during this 6 day break. Kennedy was huge in last half of final quarter. Brisbane will win their share of games from now on. Impressive and tenacious. Umpiring was perplexing at times for both teams. One umpire called a lot of decisions when he was away from the play and not the nearest officiator.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Pretty average game overall. Take the win. Move on.

One of the most interesting things was that Rohan didn�t play reserves. I also thought Melican was due back too???

Stoddart might get one more game against Carlton next week for experience but that might be it. He certainly looks like he needs a preseason or two.
    Stoddart will be a player I reckon. Looked composed when he got it and a beautiful left foot kick. His goal was very classy.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Mighty Bloods! Another away win. Magnificent!

[QUOTE=Blood Umpiring was perplexing at times for both teams. One umpire called a lot of decisions when he was away from the play [/QUOTE]
    That ump must have m
    ade about 10 decisions when he was a mile away and not the closest ump... the game was way over officiated for a game on a wet night.

I enjoyed the visit to the gabba last night - I thought it was a grinding, hard fought game of footy and we did well overall.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Pretty average game overall. Take the win. Move on.

One of the most interesting things was that Rohan didn�t play reserves. I also thought Melican was due back too???

Stoddart might get one more game against Carlton next week for experience but that might be it. He certainly looks like he needs a preseason or two.

Veterans List
    Yeah, I like the look of Stoddart a lot.......I'm bias towards left footers though .....but he's got all the attributes to be damaging. Exciting......btw, what's happened to Ling?

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Stoddart will be a player I reckon. Looked composed when he got it and a beautiful left foot kick. His goal was very classy.
    I agree. He will be a good one. Just not this year.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast