Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 71

Thread: #AFL Round 10, Swans vs Lions, Gabba

  1. #1
    Fatal error: Allowed memo undy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lane Cove
    Posts
    1,226

    #AFL Round 10, Swans vs Lions, Gabba

    I reckon Swans by 18
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

  2. #2
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    282
    ME TOO !!!

  3. #3
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    14,654
    Stoddart to kick his first goal.

  4. #4
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,805
    Welcome back RWO.

    Probably a good thing I couldn't post because that umpiring was terrible. It was way over umpired and half the time I had no idea what the frees were for.

    It loves to rain when we play in Queensland. It was a hard slog and I'm happy with the win.

    Backline was great yet again.

    Youngsters were impressive...Hayward, Florent, Ronke. The conditions didn't really suit McCartin or Stoddart.

    Gotta love Heeney...his goal kicking was much better today. Great marks in those conditions.

    McVeigh was McVeigh. He really is so composed.

    We are still undefeated away from home!

    Looking forward to the game next week to see our new indigenous top.

  5. #5
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    2,965
    I hear it's probably going to be wet......

    Anyway, we ground out a win and got the four points. The Lions are far better than their ladder position suggests, especially at home.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 26th May 2018 at 10:47 PM.

  6. #6
    Pretty average game overall. Take the win. Move on.

    One of the most interesting things was that Rohan didnít play reserves. I also thought Melican was due back too???

    Stoddart might get one more game against Carlton next week for experience but that might be it. He certainly looks like he needs a preseason or two.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I hear it will probably going to be wet......
    Was in Brisbane for the weekend so went to the match. It was a very gruelling game. Lions had a lot more energy than us in last quarter but our defence was outstanding. We gave up 21 inside 50s in last quarter. Players should do very little during this 6 day break. Kennedy was huge in last half of final quarter. Brisbane will win their share of games from now on. Impressive and tenacious. Umpiring was perplexing at times for both teams. One umpire called a lot of decisions when he was away from the play and not the nearest officiator.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Pretty average game overall. Take the win. Move on.

    One of the most interesting things was that Rohan didnít play reserves. I also thought Melican was due back too???

    Stoddart might get one more game against Carlton next week for experience but that might be it. He certainly looks like he needs a preseason or two.
    Stoddart will be a player I reckon. Looked composed when he got it and a beautiful left foot kick. His goal was very classy.

  8. #8
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    2,965
    Yeah, I like the look of Stoddart a lot.......I'm bias towards left footers though .....but he's got all the attributes to be damaging. Exciting......btw, what's happened to Ling?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Stoddart will be a player I reckon. Looked composed when he got it and a beautiful left foot kick. His goal was very classy.
    I agree. He will be a good one. Just not this year.

  10. #10
    Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    634
    Mighty Bloods! Another away win. Magnificent!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Welcome back RWO.

    Probably a good thing I couldn't post because that umpiring was terrible. It was way over umpired and half the time I had no idea what the frees were for.

    It loves to rain when we play in Queensland. It was a hard slog and I'm happy with the win.

    Backline was great yet again.

    Youngsters were impressive...Hayward, Florent, Ronke. The conditions didn't really suit McCartin or Stoddart.

    Gotta love Heeney...his goal kicking was much better today. Great marks in those conditions.

    McVeigh was McVeigh. He really is so composed.

    We are still undefeated away from home!

    Looking forward to the game next week to see our new indigenous top.
    "Top"???

  12. #12
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    "Top"???
    Thatís what we women call what you wear on top. What do YOU call it?.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO