Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 10 v Brisbane

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar

Changes for Round 10 v Brisbane

Brisbane has being playing some good footy, so let hope we don't take them too easily.

They will win one soon, so lets make sure it not against us.

Ins : Food vans outside; first time i can remember in a long time food i actually enjoyed

McCartin: doesn't have much leg speed but is growing in confident

Stoddart or O'Riordan: Both need to be bloodied and have been playing well in the seconds

Outs: Kizza, his output is becoming good one week poor another

Jones; was concussed and could do with a rest! Hits some targets misses others

The security!! why do we need full on body checks???? Another useless cost wasting exercise
    Last edited by Cosmic Wizard; 20th May 2018 at 12:17 PM.
    doof-doof

Senior Player
    I for one never complain about the security and the body checks etc. I would much prefer them to find someone bringing something dangerous into the ground where me and my family are than for them not to be as security minded and god forbid something terrible happen

Veterans List
    Unfortunately we live in a world where security checks are mandatory. It only takes a few seconds.

Hopefully no changes this week. Surely Buddy won't be charged ?? I will constantly be checking the afl site tomorrow!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Brisbane are pretty tall at both ends of the ground. I don't suppose that will affect how Longmire and co structure our forward line next week (and indeed, the smaller forwards may well be the ones who cause the Brisbane defence most problem) but I wonder if they'll be tempted to bring in an extra tall defender. Not only do they have a few talls who go forward, those talls are very tall. Rampe is going to struggle one on one against them (and possibly Reg will too).

Melican sounds like he might be ready to return next week but I reckon they'd rather give a young player, out for a month and a half now, a run in the NEAFL. So that really just leaves Aliir as an option. As Ugg mentioned in his NEAFL game match report, Aliir made some careless disposal errors yesterday but his defending was pretty good. And he was good against Patton the previous week. He's also been spending a bit of time in the ruck, which may be valuable to counter Martin and McInerney. I actually have no idea who stood in for us in the ruck yesterday when Sinclair had a rest. I'll need to check it out on the replay. But Brisbane, unlike Freo, have genuinely tall second rucks to compete when Martin is off the ground, so having a taller makeshift ruck is a bit more important against them.

I'm not game to suggest who should make way. We may have that decision taken out of our hands if the MRO call goes the wrong way. But if not, it will be hard to pick someone to take out of yesterday's team. While I don't agree with those suggesting Rohan should be dropped, he did look very sore out there a few times yesterday, so it may be that he could so with a week's rest.

I know true match ups don�t happen much these days but .... One thing I�d like to watch is Heeney and McCluggage spend some time on one another. Just to watch two of the best young mids in the game go to work.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Our second ruck yesterday was a mixture of Rohan and Parker. Gary more so at the centre bounces.

Regular in the Side
    Kennedy was in ruck a couple of times as well. Fyfe has a go for the Dockers.

Great win by the Lions today...It's been brewing and shows next week will be a tough assignment.

POSSIBLE OUT'S : Franklin (suspended), Jones (concussion)

POSSIBLE IN'S : Cameron, Newman

They were both listed in the best for the 2's...again... they deserve the chance.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Franklin stays in for mine
    Unintentional

Veterans List
    Franklin trying to twist his way out of a tackle and someone runs into his elbow. That folks is hardly worth commenting on but the media need to have stories.

Brisbane should have won before yesterday, will be tough at the Gabba. Hard to see any changes although we are short in defence.

Good to see all the fringe players in the bests again. Feel we'll have some putting their hands up for trade at years end, too good for NEAFL, would be regulars in a number of other sides.

I agree that Cameron looked very good last Saturday - in ruck, around the ground marking, and forward. Adds height and genuine ruck relief.

Maybe he comes in and McCartin gets a rest after his impressive debut games.

So long as we don't go in thinking easybeats.
    They'll walk all over us if we do.
    They should go in thinking "percentage".
    I'd drop McCartin. His effective disposals aren't anything to sing about.
    Bring back Towers.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast