Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy mural

Veteran Site Admin

Buddy mural

Just been discussing this with Meg. There's an article in the Fairfax media about it, and Longmire did his Monday press conference in front of it yesterday, yet we've not managed to find any article mentioning where it is. It's been described as in both Darlinghurst and Surry Hills, which leaves a fairly large area to explore.

Does anyone actually know the street address where it can be found?

Senior Player
    According to the club it's on Flinders St, Darlinghurst

Yes, on the twitter feed that's part of the other thread, it says that it's on Flinders St, just before Taylor Square, on the left when going towards the city.

Veteran Site Admin
    Thanks guys. Did occur to me that Twitter might provide the answer but I'm not a tweeter and don't really know how to search. Guessed it would be round about there, as it's the area most likely to be described as both Darlinghurst and Surry Hills.

Just add this URL to your usual footy bookmarks: Sydney Swans (@sydneyswans) | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, on the twitter feed that's part of the other thread, it says that it's on Flinders St, just before Taylor Square, on the left when going towards the city.
    Wow! I must ride past it every day and I haven't noticed. I'll have to take a look on Thursday.

Wonder why the artist didn�t paint Buddy wearing the Swans� indigenous guernsey.

I wondered that too. Maybe it hadn't been unveiled yet. Maybe a directive from the AFL who apparently commissioned the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Wonder why the artist didn�t paint Buddy wearing the Swans� indigenous guernsey.
    Love the indigenous "top" as much as everybody but I prefer him in our everyday brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Love the indigenous "top" as much as everybody but I prefer him in our everyday brand.
    Yes makes the mural very clearly OUR Buddy. Liz & I went to have a look today. It�s wonderful - and very tall! There will be a lot of Swans fans walking past there on way to match on Friday.

Can someone post a photo please?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Can someone post a photo please?
    It should be an RWO thing to post a photo of yourself at the Buddy wall. Don't have to show your face if privacy is sought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast