Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Changes for Rd 11 vs Carlton

I heard that Moore was looking to move for personal reasons.

I'm glad that Stoddard gets another run, hopefully on a relatively dry track. His best impact last week was as linkman off half-back (while of course he was loitering with intent forward when we had repeat F50 entries and picked up that goal).
    I'm just interested in thinking about the structure, and where Newman is best played. He was setting up as a rebound HBF wasn't he, with a view to those careful long kicks that he wasn't quite getting right earlier in the season, and he was a bit fumbly on the transitions�can anyone tell me where he has been lining up in the Reserves in recent weeks?

I reckon it is going to be hard to manage the expectations of players like Cameron, O'Riordan, Aliir, Fox, Robinson, Dawson (when he gets back up) and Towers (who must be feeling a bit stiffed). Foote and Rose seem well out of the frame now, too (although I know that Foote has been injured). And is there any word on how Maibaum is going?

The weather is a bit ordinary today.
    Freezing cold, big windy, drizzling day.
    Brrrrrrrrrr
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

No way I�m leaving the mountains and coming back to a very cold evening.
    Late start games this year are a bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    No way I�m leaving the mountains and coming back to a very cold evening.
    Late start games this year are a bummer
    Ditto...Hate the late starts, don't get home till midnight , which is too late for my young kids.

Some Sat or Sun arvo games should be in the schedule...

I suppose we'll have to wait until the Swans are crap , and loose their television lustre, before that happens....A bitter/sweet situation!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I suppose we'll have to wait until the Swans are crap , and loose their television lustre, before that happens....A bitter/sweet situation!
    being crap doesn't seem to have detracted from a number of teams' "television lustre"!!!
    Last edited by liz; 1st June 2018 at 03:47 PM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    being crap doesn't seem to have detracted from a number of teams' "television lustre"!!!
    22 rounds = 44 Friday night places available so on average 2.4 games per team. If you are a better team then you'll get more, if you are crap then you'll get less or none.

Carlton has got 7 Friday nights this year, the ones so far have been blowouts. What has Carlton done to deserve to grace the prime weekly TV slot? AFL needs to be more transparent about scheduling.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456