Thread: Seats at MCG

Seats at MCG

I�m taking the family to the MCG to watch the Melbourne game in August. We were looking at buying tix in N33 in the Ponsford standard, one level up from the swans cheer squad. Has anyone got any advice about this? Hoping to sit amongst as many swans fans as possible. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by attentionseeker View Post
    I�m taking the family to the MCG to watch the Melbourne game in August. We were looking at buying tix in N33 in the Ponsford standard, one level up from the swans cheer squad. Has anyone got any advice about this? Hoping to sit amongst as many swans fans as possible. Thanks!
    Great seats right there. It would be my humble opinion that level 2 is the best at the G. If you like behind the posts above the Swans cheerios ... Perfect.

If you're lucky, Buddy will get given a 50 metre penalty after taking an Inside 50 grab and you'll get to take a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by attentionseeker View Post
    These seats are obstructed by the seats in the stand above. Try to go up a level.
    (This was a grand final "premium" seat for me - obstructed, and everything.)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    These seats are obstructed by the seats in the stand above. Try to go up a level.
    So, dont get N33? Go one up?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Maybe be wary of anything more than a few rows back from the front. This level was good for me (but I was in the Southern Stand once and the AFL Reserve once).

How far back were you Annie?

The big Bud kicking one to me does sound pretty inviting...

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Maybe be wary of anything more than a few rows back from the front. This level was good for me (but I was in the Southern Stand once and the AFL Reserve once).

How far back were you Annie?
    Row N one year; Row M the next .... the bottom of stand of the next level up obscures your view of the big screen and any big air kicks.
    Go up a level if you can. The view is better.
    Heck ... just walk up - no one checks tickets at the footy any more.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Thanks for the tips here folks. I'm taking the family down on 6th of July and it just so happens that the accommodation we booked in Richmond is within walking distance of the MCG. What a coincidence! And since I've never been to the G before, and Swans are playing Essendon, it would be a shame to waste an opportunity...

I was just wondering where the best seats are, and glad to find a few pointers.