Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 11, Swans vs Blues, 7:50pm, SCG #AFLSwansBlues @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Wow, that actually make a lot of sense.
    We all know they are great mates. Bruised heel? Why did I not doubt that until now?
    If that is indeed true.......gee we're a furking brilliant club at keeping the media rumour mill at bay!!

Veterans List
    Disciplinary reasons my heel. If it was that they would have been training which they weren't. The media and tools like Thomas just invent stuff to fill the vacuum. What ever happened to the Hanneberry being traded rumour of last Tuesday night as rep[orted by Tom Knownothing, didn't even make it to Wednesday morning's rumour mill, just evaporated into the ether!

It�s great that we are winning the majority of our games but clearly we are a step behind the main contenders in form at present. Hopefully the return of Reid and Melican in the second half of the season will really make that difference and bridge that gap. The midfield this year has struggled to achieve the heights of previous seasons. Hannebery is not the player he was before probably because of injury and some of the others are also below previous high standards. On the brighter side, I love the way some of the younger guys are developing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I�m liking our rotation and development of youth this season and last

It is such a weak ressies Comp therefore it is essential to give our young players roles that they can fulfill in Snrs yet still get the win

This is being achieved and we are positioning the trajectory of the young players we want to play Snrs in years to come. The downside is players like marsh, AA and Newman and COR etc get limited game time

Yet I�ll take the running players we need this year and in the future because that is AFL right now and it�s only being umpired to get faster and faster

Hayward
    Ollie
    Ling
    Stoddart etc are imperative and priority

���-

Our style of transitions has made it very challenging for Newman to get a role in our senior backline and or on the wing he is certainly behind in the two way running department

I think everyone acknowledges when newman plays the Luke hodge HBF stand and deliver kicking role Newman is at his best - but we simply don�t set up this way in Snrs

In an inferior ressies Comp u can chip it around and do the clever dinky kicks but in Snrs we are looking for fast direct transitions when the opportunity is there. Therefore our players must be in alignment with this style

we can�t carry to many slow players......macca still out weighs in slow foot speed with brilliant 360 degree awareness and is such an awesome player to run off via hand pass

We have our Jones, lloyd, macca, Ollie and Heeney as our main trainsition give and go running or posting up focal points to move forward off

That is plenty and they are all playing very well

Marsh gets the tagging role generally when he plays in Snrs and that is critical given how smithy dependant we are for this lock down role...... marsh getting this experience if smith is injured is just smart coaching for finals etc as a plan B

Smith on fri night played more of a loose role and marsh the tight tag - just smart again to develop our options and future while managing the immediate win

Mission accomplished I say vs Carlton
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 3rd June 2018 at 08:38 AM.

Senior Player
    Reg is a genius, mentally he is light years ahead of his opponent most of the time.I've never seen a player that can read the play better.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Reg has to be one of the most underrated defenders of all time. Certainly one of our more underated in the last few decades. He's invaluable. I thought he was approaching retirement a couple of years ago but he's presently as reliable as he ever was.
    Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Apparently Grant Thomas tweeted that Buddy and Hanners were dropped for disciplinary reasons and not injury. He normally likes to be controversial and cause trouble so I doubt there is any truth to that plus our club is normally open when it comes to off field indiscretions.
    Thomas is a twitter clown and gossip monger

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Thomas is a twitter clown and gossip monger
    And probably still pissed off we won the prelim in 2005.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    And probably still pissed off we won the prelim in 2005.

Arrogant @@@@@ who IIRC, said the Swans win in 2005 was an aberration. I was at that game and one of my fondest memories was the final quarter of that prelim v Saints. We absolutely blitzed them, although I had a bad feeling in my stomach about Big Bad who was cleared on a technicality in the week leading up to the GF.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Arrogant @@@@@ who IIRC, said the Swans win in 2005 was an aberration. I was at that game and one of my fondest memories was the final quarter of that prelim v Saints. We absolutely blitzed them, although I had a bad feeling in my stomach about Big Bad who was cleared on a technicality in the week leading up to the GF.
    I am trying to think of an appropriate swear term with five letters - and failing.

It's not fair to say BBBH was cleared on a technicality. He was cleared in accordance with the rules as set by the AFL for that season. I agree that the interpretation set out didn't sit well with most people's intuitive thoughts on what the outcome should have been (and they shortly changed the interpretation).

I always find TOG an interesting stat for some reason. I guess it shows who is undercooked fitness wise or it might give a small insight into the coach�s mind. Stoddart and Rohan were the lowest with 58 and 66 respectively. That�s a lot of time on the bench. Apart from his low possession numbers, Hanners also was down at 71 TOG which indicates that he is definitely not 100%.

At the other end, Sinkers continues doing a mountain of work at 88%. Can he keep that up for a full season?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am trying to think of an appropriate swear term with five letters - and failing.

It's not fair to say BBBH was cleared on a technicality. He was cleared in accordance with the rules as set by the AFL for that season. I agree that the interpretation set out didn't sit well with most people's intuitive thoughts on what the outcome should have been (and they shortly changed the interpretation).
    Beginning with p and ending in rick, I imagine.

I don�t think it�s correct to say he was cleared at all, given that he entered an early guilty plea.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I also wonder if this inability to put teams away is just us. The way we play and perhaps just don't have the cattle to really finish a side off. I like many, are frustrated that we keep teams in the game almost to the end.
    I think it was Heeney on Grandstand on Saturday who said something along the lines of the team is playing to the level of their opposition not to their potential.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast