Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 11, Swans vs Blues, 7:50pm, SCG #AFLSwansBlues @sydneyswans

Senior Player
    How good is it to see Adam presenting the Marn Grook trophy ? I reckon he could still play Half forward and kick 2-3 goals a game
    AFL commissioners hang your head in shame with the way you chose to ignore the disgraceful way he was treated during his swan song seasons

Veterans List
    I'll say it first...Hanners is cooked. That was his worst ever game. 12 stats for the game with a few very late. Didn't go in and win the footy and just stood around the packs. Too slow to get to contests.

A win is a win but it was very uninspiring against a bottom side with players out. Heeney would do well to look at McVeigh's technique when kicking for goal. The one flaw in his game.

Another very good game by Jones and Ollie Florent continues to impress. Thank goodness for Sinkers.

Thought we really missed the run and nous of Mills tonight.

Senior Player
    In my opinion I felt Sinclair was probably BOG ahead of Heeney but then I am but a spectator so the judges involved were much better qualified than me.
    IMO if we lose Sinkers we can forget about any chance of a premiership

Veterans List
    Buddy must be hitting the town with Josh Gibson tonight........in the background of JPK and 'Roaming' Brian.

Veterans List
    AJ got through the Neafl match unscathed, according to Ch 7, so that is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Percentage counts and is important however it does not count as competition points. Four points is actually worth much more than any percentage increase
    .....but if there's four or five teams on the same points, we'll be at the wrong end of that four or five........goodbye top 4. At the business end, it's crucial.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Sure, we weren't at our scintillating best.
    Sure, we were hoping for a bigger win and the % boost that goes with it.

BUT...

We won a game that was a milestone game for one of our champs!.
    Goodesy and Mickey O got to make presentations to guys wearing the right colours!
    We again beat the the club that hovered over us like vultures when we were struggling in the 80s and 90s.
    We again beat the club that that turd Fitzpatrick played for!
    We helped keep that scum on the bottom of the ladder!

Plenty to celebrate!

GO THE MIGHTY BLOODS!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'll say it first...Hanners is cooked. That was his worst ever game. 12 stats for the game with a few very late. Didn't go in and win the footy and just stood around the packs. Too slow to get to contests.

A win is a win but it was very uninspiring against a bottom side with players out. Heeney would do well to look at McVeigh's technique when kicking for goal. The one flaw in his game.

Another very good game by Jones and Ollie Florent continues to impress. Thank goodness for Sinkers.

You are a man/woman of immense genius, as you have captured my own thinking with unerring precision.

Sinclair was great. LOVE the development of Florent. Isaac is ridiculously talented but could do more with it. Should have kicked 4 tonight and been BOG by a mile. As it was, only BOG bu a quarter mile. That said - great to have him. What a gun. The umpiring was agony. Surely the same rules apply at both ends of the ground? But apparently not.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Hewitt does the job again. How consistent is he now. Llooooyd didn't have his best night. Especially the 1st half. Sinkers has been immense this year but tonight his marking was out of this world. Macca continues to show his class. Heens kicking lets him down but other than that is in AA form. As others have said Hannas needs to find his mojo again or he wont be seeing anymore milestones. It is great to beat The Scum !

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

Agree completely.

Hated the over-officiating too, really killed the game, for both sides.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I'm really tiring of the push, shove, in your face, unsportsman like play that the swans are constantly doing. Been creeping into their game past few weeks. Just play footy boys.
    It's not just us, the opposition get stuck into us too. Tonight Cripps was the culprit as he was last week when he kept having a dig at Selwood and Dangerfield. I like it when we stick up for our teammates but I'm not a fan when they are in the face of an opponent after a free/mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    In my opinion I felt Sinclair was probably BOG ahead of Heeney but then I am but a spectator so the judges involved were much better qualified than me.
    IMO if we lose Sinkers we can forget about any chance of a premiership
    I agree I thought Sinclair was going to get the medal. His marking has improved so much this year. He really has confidence now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It's not just us, the opposition get stuck into us too. Tonight Cripps was the culprit as he was last week when he kept having a dig at Selwood and Dangerfield. I like it when we stick up for our teammates but I'm not a fan when they are in the face of an opponent after a free/mistake.

I agree I thought Sinclair was going to get the medal. His marking has improved so much this year. He really has confidence now.
    The last few years he couldn't catch a cold and this year he clunks everything. I wonder what changed. He must have gone to Specsavers!

Spot on with everything.

Hanners is a big worry. He could hardly move and he was on managed time. He needs to work out his fitness issues in the reserves.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast