Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 11, Swans vs Blues, 7:50pm, SCG #AFLSwansBlues @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Nico I agree with you about Hannas. But must add Kizza and Rohan to the mix. I think we need a real rethink. Cameron, Towers, Aliir need to come in for Kizza, Hannas and Newman.
    I don't think that Jack is at that point. My beef with him is he kicks too softly, and does his pop up kicks that allows the opposition to close on our player set for a mark.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I remember coming home sooo frustrated after the loss to North, not because we lost but because it was a dire, stop-start game where both teams were ordinary. Tonight was almost as bad, and I think the main culprit is the umpiring. Not biased umpiring - I couldn't tell you if we got the better or worse of it today - but just umpiring that takes all the flow from the game. I'd be surprised if there were more than half a dozen marking contests where the umpires didn't pull a free from somewhere, including a number of bizarre shepherding calls, more of which went in our favour than against.

I understand that it's a hard game to umpire, and expect that they will miss some, and make mistakes. But what's killing it for me is the philosophy behind penalising trivial things, especially in marking contests. Clarkson has an awful lot to answer for.
    Agree Liz, it was an over-officiated mess; same as the Lions game. Even the frees we got hurt us for this very reason.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Bob Murphy commented if there was a gold medal for the best indigenous jumper, the Swans would win hands down on what he saw last night. He thought it was very striking & told a story (as well as the 4 points!). He reckons these jumpers should be worn more often (i.e. clash jumpers).

Sitting in the top 4 at the half way mark, not playing at our best with plenty of improvement in the tank.
    Hopefully we'll peak at the pointy end of the season & have a real crack at the flag.
    Go Bloods!!!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    This is worth a look: Swan's cheeky dig at Clarko and the Hawks - AFL.com.au

Rampe getting stuck into the ump on blocking, mentions clarko and coffee
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Spot on with everything.

Hanners is a big worry. He could hardly move and he was on managed time. He needs to work out his fitness issues in the reserves.
    Second that motion.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

When asked about Hanner's form this morning, Longmire thought he was OK against Brisbane last week & acknowledged he only had 12 disposals last night and not sure if the hit he took early in the game attributed to this.

Match Review findings:

Callum Sinclair can accept a $1,000 fine for staging.

Sam Rowe can accept a $1,500 fine for misconduct.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Match Review findings:

Callum Sinclair can accept a $1,000 fine for staging.
    So it really wasn't the incredible strength of Patrick Cripps that knocked him over.

Veterans List
    Apparently Grant Thomas tweeted that Buddy and Hanners were dropped for disciplinary reasons and not injury. He normally likes to be controversial and cause trouble so I doubt there is any truth to that plus our club is normally open when it comes to off field indiscretions.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Reg was so good tonight. Not that many would notice, but he was pretty bloody good in the clutches. Have we forgotten.how solid and dependable down back he is? Another immense effort. He is having another great season.

Heeney and Sinkers the other two in the votes for mine....
    Reg has to be one of the most underrated defenders of all time. Certainly one of our more underated in the last few decades. He's invaluable. I thought he was approaching retirement a couple of years ago but he's presently as reliable as he ever was.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Reg has to be one of the most underrated defenders of all time. Certainly one of our more underated in the last few decades. He's invaluable. I thought he was approaching retirement a couple of years ago but he's presently as reliable as he ever was.
    Agree. Deserves legend status at our club.....has held our backline together for years now, first with Teddy, now with Ramps and always with his trusty lieutenant McVeigh at his side.....both evergreens at the top of their game atm. Reg has been an outstanding servant to the Swans, a lesson in perseverance of effort and consistency of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Apparently Grant Thomas tweeted that Buddy and Hanners were dropped for disciplinary reasons and not injury. He normally likes to be controversial and cause trouble so I doubt there is any truth to that plus our club is normally open when it comes to off field indiscretions.
    Wow, that actually make a lot of sense.
    We all know they are great mates. Bruised heel? Why did I not doubt that until now?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast