Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 11 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veteran Site Admin
    So with Sinkers fined for his soft drop to the ground (which I don't have a problem with), will Sicily get similarly fined, I wonder, for dropping on his backside in response to a soft push in the chest from Dixon?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So with Sinkers fined for his soft drop to the ground (which I don't have a problem with), will Sicily get similarly fined, I wonder, for dropping on his backside in response to a soft push in the chest from Dixon?
    Likely not. I think the sneaky @@@@@ hooked a foot behind his other foot as he went down, which if he did, will be interpreted as a trip, not staging.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    In regard to our percentage, we have wasted opportunities to lift ours in the past two weeks, sitting on 118.6% at the moment. The three teams above us have 140.2% (set), 138.2 (live) and 138.2 (live) and the two teams below us have 128.6 (set) and 120.5 (still to play and v Lions). We had better get a wriggle on next week against the Saints, with WC coming before the bye in 2 weeks and Richmond, Geelong and North coming after the bye. With percentage crucial in a close season in regard to top four positions and our last four games against Collingwood (home), Melbourne (MCG), Giants (Spotless) and Hawks (home), we will need to 1. keep winning and 2. win quite a few by a big margin, to assure the double chance.

Veteran Site Admin
    And how about Rance, just before the end of the third quarter. That one was worse than Sinclair's because it actually duped the umpire. Sinclair's was so pathetic that it was never going to get him any advantage, but if they're really serious about stamping staging out, they need to address Rance and his frequent auditions for the Australian diving team.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I see the Richmond motivational catch cry for the year .
    is, 'Eat 'em live'. They sure are a scary out fit. We will need to improve in iquite a few areas before we meet them if we don't want to get belted.

Didn�t see any matches this afternoon but I see Geelong massacred Gold Coast. What an incredibly disappointing effort by the Suns in their first match back at the Metricon. Their final score was 4.12 and they only kicked a solitary point in both the second and last quarters.

Feel sorry for Stewie Dew, he deserved better.

Veterans List
    Wow, I just checked out the WC v Saints score after WC had earlier got out to 'way ahead' lead.....WC by only 13 pts in the end with the Saints kicking 7 goals to 1 in the last!

......and yes, the Suns result is absolutely sad for Stewie Dew. He indeed does deserve better!

......and another late Round 11 observation.....Tim Membrey finally gets his kicking boots on with six straight tonight in the West. About time son.....
    Last edited by stevoswan; 3rd June 2018 at 01:53 AM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Wow, I just checked out the WC v Saints score after WC had earlier got out to 'way ahead' lead.....WC by only 13 pts in the end with the Saints kicking 7 goals to 1 in the last!

......and yes, the Suns result is absolutely sad for Stewie Dew. He indeed does deserve better!

......and another late Round 11 observation.....Tim Membrey finally gets his kicking boots on with six straight tonight in the West. About time son.....
    Yes, the Saints next week suddenly doesn't look the easy % booster we were hoping for. Membrey - pffft, as I've said before, poor man's Jordan Dawson!

Haven't seen it but Rance milked yet another free for tumbling over with a puff of wind? Look forward to seeing the persistent stager getting fined at last.

With Crows v GWS match just starting we have now seen all the indigenous jumpers. I think both of these teams look good - but none over the whole weekend have come near the beauty & meaning of the jumpers worn by the Swans. Well done by all concerned at the Swans, I�m very proud of them.

Who to go for between the Giants and the Crows? Giants, because the Crows are more of a threat to our ladder position? Or Crows, because it would be nice, to see the season of the much vaunted Giants, vanish with barely a trace?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    With Crows v GWS match just starting we have now seen all the indigenous jumpers. I think both of these teams look good - but none over the whole weekend have come near the beauty & meaning of the jumpers worn by the Swans. Well done by all concerned at the Swans, I�m very proud of them.
    Agree Meg. Ours was a striking and meaningful jumper!

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone tell me how Freo has won four games? Watching them against Collingwood and they are truly awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes, our jumper would be up there, but I find it hard to judge which is the best. Looking at the Crows jumper shimmering in the late afternoon sun, it's quite a stunning design. I also liked the West Coast one, and much that I hate to say something nice about Hawthorn, I thought that their poles design was a nice touch. In fact, they were all various shades of good. Except for possibly Collingwood's: which looked a bit like Eddie had begrudgingly allowed a cartoon magpie, to intrude on the sacred jumper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Agree Meg. Ours was a striking and meaningful jumper!

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone tell me how Freo has won four games? Watching them against Collingwood and they are truly awful!
    I was thinking much the same about the Suns yesterday. God knows what they did during their bye, but whatever it was, they shouldn't do it next year.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast