Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 11 Weekly Discussion Thread

Umpires are murdering GWS. This home town bias needs to be addressed.

Damn Collingwood. Whatever happened to the Colliwobbles?

GWS looked really good this evening. Excellent win against the Crows and the crowd at AO. Great match to watch. If the Giants keep up today�s form it will put a few teams , including the Swans, on notice.

The intensity, the speed and the pressure the Giants displayed in that last quarter (didn�t see the rest) was awesome, so they certainly have their mojo back .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Damn Collingwood. Whatever happened to the Colliwobbles?
    That's a finals thing.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

The Giants have an easy draw from here. If they�re half the team most think they are, they�ll make the eight.

I reckon there are only three certainties for the eight right now.

The current fourth to eleventh, including us, are all up in the air for the rest of the slots. If we win three of five through rounds 13-17, our toughest stretch, we will be sweet.

Veteran Site Admin
    It's bizarre how a team can look so inept for a month and then come out and play like GWS did. I don't believe they've had any injured players return that can account for such a sudden recollection of how to compete.

And it was good to finally have a quality match to watch this weekend. Even if we did have to wait a long time for it.

Kelly, Davis and Paton are two pretty big ins for GWS that have strung a few games together.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Umpires are murdering GWS. This home town bias needs to be addressed.
    Just on that topic! They said on 105.6 radio that Longmire has a belief that there is a conspiracy against Sydneysides and was disgusted afterthe2016 GF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Just on that topic! They said on 105.6 radio that Longmire has a belief that there is a conspiracy against Sydneysides and was disgusted afterthe2016 GF.

Of course they all laughed, but I did not hear a whisper from horse after the 2016 GF on umpires or the AFL? Does anyone know what they are talking about???

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    GWS looked really good this evening. Excellent win against the Crows and the crowd AND THE UMPIRES at AO. Great match to watch. If the Giants keep up today�s form it will put a few teams , including the Swans, on notice.
    I'll just add to your incomplete comment Meg!

Veterans List
    So Fyfe gets a one week ban for his high hit on Greenwood. I'm not surprised. I was watching that game and when it happened, I thought 'he's in trouble there....' When you break it down, high contact, reckless, forearm, off the ground and the fact it could have been avoided.....MRO had no alternative but to suspend. Pending an appeal, no Brownlow for Nate......

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast