Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 11 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 11 Weekly Discussion Thread

Interesting round of matches this weekend. Tonight, even with Carlton's recent (slightly) improved form, should be a shellacking! Dees will probably get 20 goals + for the 4th week running v Dogs, Hawks v Port could be interesting and I think the Suns may push the Cats at home, their real home....finally. I feel for the Saints.... v Eagles, can't see Essendon beating the Tigers, I hope the Lions beat North, the Giants will sink further v Adelaide and I don't care about the Magpies/Dockers game.

Oh and Alex Johnson plays his first NEAFL game of the year after recovering from his groin injury......good luck AJ!!

Have a great weekend! Go Swans!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 1st June 2018 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Interesting round of matches this weekend. Tonight, even with Carlton's recent (slightly) improved form, should be a shellacking! Dees will probably get 20 goals + for the 4th week running v Dogs, Hawks v Port could be interesting and I think the Suns may push the Cats at home, their real home....finally. I feel for the Saints.... v Eagles, can't see Essendon beating the Tigers, I hope the Lions beat North, the Giants will sink further v Adelaide and I don't care about the Magpies/Dockers game.

Oh and Alex Johnson plays his first NEAFL game of the year after recovering from his groin injury......good luck AJ!!

Have a great weekend! Go Swans!
    Yes, I think that the Suns might surprise the Cats, with Lynch, Martin and Day all coming back into the side.

Veterans List
    All the rule tweaks that the AFL bring in to stop certain issues, like dropping the legs and raising the arm to initiate high contact, a la Selwood, seem to go out the window for the Swans. Really frustraing!

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, wrong thread.....

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Love winning on a Friday night! Have that lovely glow that lasts the whole weekend and can sit back and enjoy the rest of the weekend's games stress free!
    Meeting up with some long suffering Melbourne supporter friends at Etihad today. Hoping like hell that the Demons smash the Bulldogs and continue to prove that the 2016 premiership was a gift to the Dogs from the AFL!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Love winning on a Friday night! Have that lovely glow that lasts the whole weekend and can sit back and enjoy the rest of the weekend's games stress free!
    Meeting up with some long suffering Melbourne supporter friends at Etihad today. Hoping like hell that the Demons smash the Bulldogs and continue to prove that the 2016 premiership was a gift to the Dogs from the AFL!
    I have also develeoped a tendency to schadenfreude when the Bulldogs lose, but would put that aside in order to stay third on the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Normally I would agree, but Melbourne losing is better for us with ladder position.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Normally I would agree, but Melbourne losing is better for us with ladder position.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I have also develeoped a tendency to schadenfreude when the Bulldogs lose, but would put that aside in order to stay third on the ladder.
    Not going to happen......unless Melbourne start believing the hype and fall in a heap.

Just saw the score early in the first quarter......Dogs 19, Dees 1. Maybe I should reassess........

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    This Hawks Port game is a joke. Boring as, way overumpired, Hawks playing their usual boring short kick game, Port full of errors, biased umpiring in favour of the Hawks, Dwayne commentating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Eleven 50m penalties in three and a bit quarters wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Could be the Dees turn for a fairytale this year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Could be the Dees turn for a fairytale this year.
    It's a real worry....Swans v Dees in the GF, after 2016, it's a nightmare scenario.

......and Hawks by 3 pts over Power......damn them!! Was Stevic umpiring that one?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It's a real worry....Swans v Dees in the GF, after 2016, it's a nightmare scenario.

......and Hawks by 3 pts over Power......damn them!! Was Stevic umpiring that one?
    No Stevic wasn't umpiring but their other friend Nicholls was ????.

Looks like the rule of the week is 50 metre penalties. They have been paying heaps this round.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast