Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 12 Weekly Discussion Thread

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    A very hard, tight game - which overall means not a particularly exciting game to watch if you want to see the ball travel the length of the field.
    The other thing that struck me was that Ray Chamberlain has become a good umpire who has an apparently friendly way with players.
    Agree he is a good ump but loves being centre of attention. It's not all about you Ray.

Veterans List
    The free kick count in the Geelong v North game is interesting.....32-18 in North's favour. Glad the Cats won......

Veterans List
    Whoa, just caught the Gold Coast-GWS game, crowd looks tiny, even the reverse camera angle showing the main grandstand shows a sparse crowd, lowest AFL crowd ever I'd reckon.

Result is a massive worry, GC got a few injuries but not as many first choice players as GWS. Not sure what the AFL can do to help them but Lynch is 100% gone at the end of season, in fact reckon he's emotionally checked out already.

It is a very disturbing situation. Of all the clubs they are the ones that most need a priority pick but I don't know that it would be enough to help them. Maybe they should be moved to Tassie. Of course that won't happen. I wonder how Stuey Dew feels now.

For whatever reason, the GC got their early years wrong on two big counts - recruitment and culture.

Other than Lynch and May, they squandered all their early picks. Swallow is a good player, but not a great one for a no1.

And their culture was clearly problematic - from the suggestion of drugs during the Karmichael Hunt era - to other things more intangible that saw decent talent like O�Meara leave.

I can�t stand GWS, but they did a lot more right to set up potential success.

GC are just putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    It is a very disturbing situation. Of all the clubs they are the ones that most need a priority pick but I don't know that it would be enough to help them. Maybe they should be moved to Tassie. Of course that won't happen. I wonder how Stuey Dew feels now.
    I don't get how moving to tassie will help them on field?. Makes no sense.

Lynch had checked out. He's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I don't get how moving to tassie will help them on field?. Makes no sense.

Lynch had checked out. He's gone.
    A move to Tassie would be a move to somewhere that wants them.

Veterans List
    Just reflecting on the round so far during the half time break in our match tonight and one thought keeps pervading...... I feel really sorry for Stuart Dew. The Suns should be dissolved.......for a team from Tassie.

PS: Oh, I see this has been well discussed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    A move to Tassie would be a move to somewhere that wants them.
    GC got 17k at home last week.

Whether people want them or not, they will lose even more players of they located in Tassie.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    GC got 17k at home last week.

Whether people want them or not, they will lose even more players of they located in Tassie.
    Maybe, but the long-term foundation would be stronger. They are trying to graft an AFL team onto a community that is not its natural constituency. You don't do that until you have consolidated the game in its homeland.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Since I am very close to the bottom of the RWO tipping ladder, I am going to indulge in a back pat - I not only tipped Port: I tipped them to win by 14 points.
    What tipping ladder?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Maybe, but the long-term foundation would be stronger. They are trying to graft an AFL team onto a community that is not its natural constituency. You don't do that until you have consolidated the game in its homeland.
    I think you are exaggerating the foundation of AFL in Tassie.

If they lose more players they will be less competitive and get even lower support wherever they are.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast