Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 12 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 12 Weekly Discussion Thread

Anyway, Round 12 kicks off with what might actually be a good Friday Night game for a change. I've tipped Richmond but would not be surprised if it goes the other way. Cats v Roos and Demons v Magpies the only other promising games from this round and we should smash the Saints.......should. Go Swans!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Veterans List
    Can't believe it's already Round 12. How quickly has the year gone!

Poor Richmond finally have an injury. How will they cope without Dusty? I cringed at the headline in the Herald Sun "Dust-less Tiges Face Fight".

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Is this only the 3rd game outside Victoria for Richmond this year.
    Melbourne teams have such an armchair ride.

Did Port kick a goal in the 2nd half? Shucks. I fell asleep and missed it. I bet it was exciting.

If I had a mattress company I'd be advertising on this channel.

Veterans List
    Three tests for Richmond so far this season, failed all three and a tougher second half of the season. Nice I tipped Port in this 50/50 encounter.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Three tests for Richmond so far this season, failed all three and a tougher second half of the season. Nice I tipped Port in this 50/50 encounter.
    Since I am very close to the bottom of the RWO tipping ladder, I am going to indulge in a back pat - I not only tipped Port: I tipped them to win by 14 points.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Since I am very close to the bottom of the RWO tipping ladder, I am going to indulge in a back pat - I not only tipped Port: I tipped them to win by 14 points.
    Well done Liz. Richmond not so good in Adelaide where last year's GF, in a fair world, should have been played.

That�s awesome Liz. However I�m shocked you are near the bottom of the ladder.
    What�s gone wrong ?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    A very hard, tight game - which overall means not a particularly exciting game to watch if you want to see the ball travel the length of the field.
    The other thing that struck me was that Ray Chamberlain has become a good umpire who has an apparently friendly way with players.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    A very hard, tight game - which overall means not a particularly exciting game to watch if you want to see the ball travel the length of the field.
    The other thing that struck me was that Ray Chamberlain has become a good umpire who has an apparently friendly way with players.
    Don't tell anyone, but Chamberlain is easily my favourite umpire these days. The only thing that still annoys me, is the strange horsey sound that he makes, whenever he bounces the ball. But hey, that's a small price to pay, for not being irrationally persecuted in the free kick count.

I think this is one of the more promising rounds of footy, despite the fewer games due to byes. Three very promising games between well matched opponents. Even Lions-Bombers and Dockers-Crows aren't that straightforward to tip and could go either way.

I thought last night's match was a cracker and I was pleased to see Port win. I am undecided which is the better outcome for us. If we're aiming top 2, the Port victory was best. If we're happy to finish top 4, then would have been better if the Tigers won. But I just went a bit anti-establishment and pro-underdog.

Quite often watching other teams play (at least some of them) I think they look more impressive than we do and I get worried that they'll show us up. But then, when we do play them, our game style stacks up and we do fine and don't get shown up. Even when we lose, we are seldom blown off the park (just as we don't that often blow other teams away).

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Don't tell anyone, but Chamberlain is easily my favourite umpire these days. The only thing that still annoys me, is the strange horsey sound that he makes, whenever he bounces the ball. But hey, that's a small price to pay, for not being irrationally persecuted in the free kick count.
    Me too.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast