Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 12, Swans vs Saints, 7:25pm, Etihad #AFLSaintsSwans @sydneyswans

Harry C is having a very good year and he�s always had excellent foot skills. I hope he keeps it up

Good win. Too bad we faded at the end and let them with the last quarter. Lots of great performances, especially from the youngsters: Ronke, Florent, Hayward, Papley, Heeney, Hewett. Hanners down on form and JPK still below his best.

Solid win. There wasn't much wrong with that effort. I love our ferocity at the contest. Now to just bring that intensity every week.

Hanners playing like he�s 100. Doesn�t show any signs of playing himself into form.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Hanners playing like he�s 100. Doesn�t show any signs of playing himself into form.
    He is definitely NQR. Must be carrying an injury that can't be fixed with rest otherwise they would have done so.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Hanners the only real concern from that game. Don�t remember a game with less tension from the opening bounce.

A nice hitout before the test at home next week. Sinclair is having some sort of season.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Really impressed with the high marking of Heeney and Haywood. They've become our marking options in the forward half. Florent playing beautifully on the half back line which must worry Riordon, Newman, etc.

Veterans List
    Yes, someone has to be 21st and 22nd player in the side but I stick with what I said, Robbo and Marsh are not AFL standard, they wouldn't be getting games at other top 4 sides. Hanners is offering NOTHING, he needs to be either sent to the NEAFL or rested, you can't carry players against the better sides. Newman gave more last week than Hanners, he got dropped!

It's time to try other players who may offer more, the definition of stupidity is to keep doing the same expecting a different result, it happened on the Western Front, it's happening at the Swans. I'm still fuming about Foote instead of Dawson last year, as you all know!, please try other players, particularly against the lower sides, we may just find a new player who relegates someone else to 21/22, it's how you improve as a team!

Nice to see Richo and to a lesser extent, Darcy, doing actual football interviews, instead of the excruciating Roaming Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There is clearly something not quite right - in the second half there was a mark he dropped on the wing where he clearly barely could lead 10 meters with a good 2 metre lead on his defender. Whatever it is something is clearly not right.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It was great to see some really positive attacking ball movement by the boys tonight. The first time since the Giants win earlier this year where I have felt that we can challenge the best teams. So many positives. The form of the younger players was so impressive. Ronke�s pressure and Florent�s poise stood out. The only negative I could see was the continued struggle of Hanners. Elite midfielder clearing playing under duress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Nice to see Richo and to a lesser extent, Darcy, doing actual football interviews, instead of the excruciating Roaming Brian.
    Ah Brian! The best move I ever made was hiring Brian as my manager. Not only is he a great negotiator, I was also able to replace my entire security team with Brian. It's a joy to watch how everyone just moves away whenever Brian is in the area. Nothing wants to get in Brian's way. I'm producing a remake of the movie The Ten Commandments starring Brian as Moses. He's perfect in the role. He can make the Red Sea part without using special effects.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast