Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 12, Swans vs Saints, 7:25pm, Etihad #AFLSaintsSwans @sydneyswans

I must say that I thought the umpiring was the best I have seen in one of our games this season. Maybe I am wrong but did one of them call Oliver "Will" ? I am glad I am not on my own with the concern for Hanners. He really is a a liability. Should not be playing if that is all he can do. Rohan I guess did his usual 10 touches but got 2 goals today. What an enigma. Next week will be fascinating.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    I must say that I thought the umpiring was the best I have seen in one of our games this season. Maybe I am wrong but did one of them call Oliver "Will" ? I am glad I am not on my own with the concern for Hanners. He really is a a liability. Should not be playing if that is all he can do. Rohan I guess did his usual 10 touches but got 2 goals today. What an enigma. Next week will be fascinating.
    Yes, you heard right. The ump definitely called Florent "Will."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Ah Brian! The best move I ever made was hiring Brian as my manager. Not only is he a great negotiator, I was also able to replace my entire security team with Brian. It's a joy to watch how everyone just moves away whenever Brian is in the area. Nothing wants to get in Brian's way. I'm producing a remake of the movie The Ten Commandments starring Brian as Moses. He's perfect in the role. He can make the Red Sea part without using special effects.
    Well, I'm glad it's working for you. But personally, I find it mystifying, to the point of distressing, the fact that Channel 7 seem to think that Brian is Australia's best AFL commentator. I mean, how does that happen??

Senior Player
    Very good game by Jones; his punch off halfback was important in helping us move it quickly out of defence. Also cleaner with it, kicked well, made good decisions - he's working on his game. Speaking of clean - another good game by Florent, whose confidence is starting to match his skills with impressive results. Kennedy, Heeney, Sinclair and Franklin all good as well.

I agree with 707 - Robinson and Marsh are not senior standard. Both are ponderous with the ball, Marsh trails the ball - gives up too many forward 50 marks, and Robinson just doesn't go at the ball hard enough. I'd much rather Towers over Robinson - he's quicker, cleaner, faster, and more dangerous. I can see why they choose Marsh over Aliir - he's more dependable - but he's not as good a defender. I think it's time to put Aliir in.

I can't help thinking that if Robbo and Marsh were allowed to string together a run of games like Harry C has their performances would improve and they'd become more confident in their roles.
    Such is the life of a fringe player.

4pts, a percentage boost and no injuries. A 6 day break then the Eagles coming off their bye at the SCG. I'm really looking forward to next friday. Go Swannies!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    4pts, a percentage boost and no injuries. A 6 day break then the Eagles coming off their bye at the SCG. I'm really looking forward to next friday. Go Swannies!
    Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Very good game by Jones; his punch off halfback was important in helping us move it quickly out of defence. Also cleaner with it, kicked well, made good decisions - he's working on his game. Speaking of clean - another good game by Florent, whose confidence is starting to match his skills with impressive results. Kennedy, Heeney, Sinclair and Franklin all good as well.

I agree with 707 - Robinson and Marsh are not senior standard. Both are ponderous with the ball, Marsh trails the ball - gives up too many forward 50 marks, and Robinson just doesn't go at the ball hard enough. I'd much rather Towers over Robinson - he's quicker, cleaner, faster, and more dangerous. I can see why they choose Marsh over Aliir - he's more dependable - but he's not as good a defender. I think it's time to put Aliir in.
    I agree with all of this. I thought Jones was perhaps in our top 3. He often gets our offense heading the right way with pace.

I was thinking the same thing as you and 707 that we would have a team that was more in tune with how the rest are playing if we had Towers and Aliir in the side instead of Robbo and Marsh. Whether Robbo and Marsh are of AFL standard is debatable, but I don't think they should be playing senior footy when better options are available. Cameron and O'Riordon are another 2 who should be playing before them.

Poor Hanners, he�s given so much, had more hits than the Rolling Stones, is picked on past glories and always looks sore in several places. The game must eventually wear you out unless you are a rubber man like Boomer Harvey.
    Room must be made for the young guns, did we miss Kieran a great deal?
    The mystery omission is Towers, he ramped up his game , his skills and goal sense . He�s surely a bigger contributor than some of the other bottom four.

The development of Ollie for our team has been crucial

Our transitions via Jones , lloyd, macca and Ollie are making us a very tricky match up

There was massive debate pre season but Ollie and our team selection persisted with what we needed for the future

Ollie was supported and our team is reaping the dividends

I�m on the fence re hannes

Ablett Jnr last few years looked gone

He is back barring any injuries

Hannes with the systemic OP issue we are playing him back in via Snrs which is interesting but the thought process must be we need him and he is not over the hill

OP is a @@@@ of a thing and u can�t do much running so im remaining patient because he may find his feet in the next few weeks with more running and sprint training during the week

What are our other options?

Who else would we want come finals in the 22 to replace hannes ?

I think hammers has to be dropped. He's better off resting, or limited time in the 2's.

Sinkers is amazing. I saw the port v rich game and nankevis did nothing. Great trading swans.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast