Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R13 v Eagles

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Did you see how our last opponent finished the game against the Eagles? And how our next opponent finished their game against the Saints?
    Maybe the theory is a bit hit and myth.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Isaac was supposed to be on Game Day on Sunday but didn't go as he got a hit to the head in Saturday's game. Seeing it is only a 6 day break let's hope he is OK for Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Isaac was supposed to be on Game Day on Sunday but didn't go as he got a hit to the head in Saturday's game. Seeing it is only a 6 day break let's hope he is OK for Friday night.
    Yes, he did hit the ground hard... So perhaps...

OUT : Heeney, Robinson

IN : Jack, O'Riordan

I'd love to see Cameron get a game but it probably won't happen this week. I think the selectors love the way McCartin competes...As do most of us.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I just hope it�s a cracking game - the Sydney crowd get loud and intimidate the umps like they do in Perth - and we only have to win by 1 point!! (Of course I hope it�s by more but one can�t be greedy!!) just hope & pray that umpire number 9 isn�t assigned to this game.

What I think will happen: In: KJ, Out: Robinson.

On top of this, I'd like to have Towers in our team in place of McCartin.

I'm probably on my own here but I don't think Jack deserves a spot in the side. I'm not saying he won't get picked, just shouldn't get picked. He's done very little for us this year and in fact has done very little for us for the last few years. We'd be better with him in the twos and freeing up a spot for one of our younger players or even Towers or Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    i wonder if we whinge at the end of the year when all we get offered for Alir is a late 3rd round pick
    This is probably the last week for Aliir to get picked this year, as once Melican is fit to play the door will shut. It looks more likely than not that Aliir will be gone at year end. He shows real glimpses of talent, but he also makes far too many ball handling errors. I don't understand how he could have fallen so far in 2 years. I feel the talent that he showed 2 years ago is still there, but something has gone missing and it's hard to say why.

I would take a chance and bring him in the senior team to see how he responds playing will a high quality team around him, but this appears unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I'm probably on my own here but I don't think Jack deserves a spot in the side. I'm not saying he won't get picked, just shouldn't get picked. He's done very little for us this year and in fact has done very little for us for the last few years. We'd be better with him in the twos and freeing up a spot for one of our younger players or even Towers or Rose.
    I agree, but I think he's marginally ahead of Robinson, so likely to come back in.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This is probably the last week for Aliir to get picked this year, as once Melican is fit to play the door will shut. It looks more likely than not that Aliir will be gone at year end. He shows real glimpses of talent, but he also makes far too many ball handling errors. I don't understand how he could have fallen so far in 2 years. I feel the talent that he showed 2 years ago is still there, but something has gone missing and it's hard to say why.

I would take a chance and bring him in the senior team to see how he responds playing will a high quality team around him, but this appears unlikely to happen.
    I agree with that. It makes me a bit sad. I'm sorry it's gone this way. I know I am not alone in feeling thrilled by Aliir's dashing play in 2016 - the crowd rose, it was warming, and for me at least, a source of pride.

He had a long period out injured, took a while to recover, perhaps lost some confidence. Melican's rise has been part of it - Melican is excellent and definitely deserves his place in the first 22. It has been a little disappointing they have not turned to him in recent weeks as he seems to have come into form a little while Melican is still out. They have gone for the safer option in Marsh. I agree his window is shutting and I'd also love to see them give him a chance in a big game at the SCG this Friday, but also doubt they will.

I'm extra nervous and worried this week.
    Swans have to bring ruthless AND their A-game.
    The wet coke budgies are due for a loss (and hopefully it will be against us).
    I'd like to beat them twice this season.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

West Coast play a game built around fast outside run and big marking forwards. On a small deck like the SCG, you need to beat us with tough inside midfielders.
    I'm not that convinced by them either. You can only beat what is in front of you, which they have. But they haven't really played decent opposition away from home (except maybe the Hawks but they are up and down). My read is that they are similar to Melbourne - great against weak sides. But tough assignments they come unstuck. Will rely heavily on a top 4 finish and a downhill run to the MCG.

I think we will win with a comfortable 4-5 goal buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    West Coast play a game built around fast outside run and big marking forwards. On a small deck like the SCG, you need to beat us with tough inside midfielders.
    I'm not that convinced by them either. You can only beat what is in front of you, which they have. But they haven't really played decent opposition away from home (except maybe the Hawks but they are up and down). My read is that they are similar to Melbourne - great against weak sides. But tough assignments they come unstuck. Will rely heavily on a top 4 finish and a downhill run to the MCG.

I think we will win with a comfortable 4-5 goal buffer.
    The size of the SCG is irrelevant these days. If you stand in the centre circle it's literally 2.5m shorter in each direction than the MCG, or 0.5m shorter and 1m narrower each way compared to the Gabba. Bigger than the ground we were on last week!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast