Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 97

Thread: Changes for R13 v Eagles

  1. #61
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I’ve just watched the video of Longmire’s press conference today and all the quotes come from that. Wu didn’t get this article from a one-on-one but he was quick to get it up on the SMH website.

    Also it was a reporter who asked a question about Aliir that led to Longmire’s comments. Still John is very circumspect in all his responses so still might be good news for Aliir.

    Longmire Press Conference - 13th June, 2018 - sydneyswans.com.au
    I haven't listened back - I listened on my ride home from work, but I thought the Aliir question followed Longmire bringing it up. I don't recall the Florent comments in the presser. Also, Wu quoted Longmire in a way that suggested the comments were made to him:

    "You have to improve year on year to just stay where you are, because everyone else is improving," Swans coach John Longmire, whose team sits third after 12 rounds, told Fairfax Media."

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    For those interested in ground sizes, these are the current measurements, according to the latest AFL Record Season Guide.

    Attachment 2156

    As can be seen, while the SCG is the shortest ground, it isn't really significant. Compared to the two Melbourne grounds, it's 5m shorter than Etihad and 6m shorter than the MCG, but it's actually 7m wider than Etihad. Further looking at width, the SCG is the third widest ground, with it's 136m only being surpassed by the 138m of the Gabba and Canberra. So all up, it could probably be claimed that there is a rough equivalence in playing areas of the current venues.
    Of course, if somebody who is particularly good at calculus, wants to work out the actual playing areas; feel free.
    Does anyone know how the SCG grew 8m to be 155m from its previous 147m?
    The redevelopments didn't impact the field size did they? Would be very surprised if they did.

    There is no way the SCG is 5m shorter than the MCG. Our 50m arcs are technically meant to cross in to the centre square (which they actually did in the mid 2000s).

  3. #63
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    3,139
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Does anyone know how the SCG grew 8m to be 155m from its previous 147m?
    The redevelopments didn't impact the field size did they? Would be very surprised if they did.

    There is no way the SCG is 5m shorter than the MCG. Our 50m arcs are technically meant to cross in to the centre square (which they actually did in the mid 2000s).
    Yes, when the redevelopments of the Noble and Bradman Stands took place the field size was increased.

    Your comment about the 50m arcs predates the field length increase. I believe they are genuine 50m arcs now.

    See this article from October 2, 2013

    ‘Construction has also included the installation of a 270sq m video board and the lengthening of the playing pitch. No longer will the SCG be known as the shortest pitch in the AFL, with a 5m field extension pulling it closer to the dimensions of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Sports Minister Gabrielle Upton said the completion of the SCG development was a key part in the state stadia strategy.’

    We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

  4. #64
    Arcs used to be more like 45m I thought

  5. #65
    Tom Barrass may miss tomorrow night's match: Buddy beauty: Opponent to miss massive clash - AFL.com.au

  6. #66
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    191
    With the West Cokers playing 2 ruckmen is it time to bring in Cameron for his debut? For me its McCartin out and Cameron in.

    WCE have advised of a debutant (Brander) to replace Darling. Good Opportunity for Aliir to come in. Not sure who goes out yet.

    Hannebery - the elephant in the room (well, not on this forum). Against the Saints he seemed to avoid the contest where he could. This is most unlike Dan Hannebery. If he is fit, but perhaps not match fit, he needs to start showing some form. However, I can't help feeling he's still carrying an injury. Lots of players play through an injury but you can't do it forever. Time for a bit of honesty. If injured, he needs time away to recover. We have enough depth to cover Dan.

    Robbo didn't do much against the Saints - he wasn't bad, he just wasn't very good. I can see Towers coming in for Robbo.

    KJ - apparently had a bit of a relapse of his hip injury. Give him another week of rest.

    After due consideration of the phantom selection committee it's

    out: McCartin, Hannebery, Robinson
    in: Cameron, Aliir, Towers

    I think we can win this game but we'll need a few things to go our way. We need a lot of crowd noise - the West Coke Eagles are used to that.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes, when the redevelopments of the Noble and Bradman Stands took place the field size was increased.

    Your comment about the 50m arcs predates the field length increase. I believe they are genuine 50m arcs now.

    See this article from October 2, 2013

    ‘Construction has also included the installation of a 270sq m video board and the lengthening of the playing pitch. No longer will the SCG be known as the shortest pitch in the AFL, with a 5m field extension pulling it closer to the dimensions of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Sports Minister Gabrielle Upton said the completion of the SCG development was a key part in the state stadia strategy.’

    We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
    Can we send out someone with an odometer at the next Kick to Kick? There are a lot of inconsistencies in the reported measurements. I would wager that the SCG is similar in size to Sydney University Oval 1 (for those in the local scene).

  8. #68
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Blaxland
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Tom Barrass may miss tomorrow night's match: Buddy beauty: Opponent to miss massive clash - AFL.com.au
    Coward.
    ‘It’s very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who’s learning to play violin.’ That’s what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt – Richard Brautigan

  9. #69
    Senior Player ernie koala's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    northern beaches
    Posts
    3,094
    The 50m arc was measured out by one of the commentators, last year from memory.. prior to a match, and it is in fact 50 mts !
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

  10. #70
    Jack and Aliir in, Macca and Robbo out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Macca has a calf injury otherwise it's as predicted (by me anyway... )
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

  11. #71
    Senior Player dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Jack and Aliir in, Macca and Robbo out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Macca has a calf injury otherwise it's as predicted (by me anyway... )
    Glad it's just a minor calf injury. For a moment I thought that the Moore Park triangle may have claimed another victim.

  12. #72
    Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Doughnuts don't wear alligator shoes
    Posts
    2,838
    McVeigh a big loss on this years form. Will need a big game from Lloyd and Jones tomorrow

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO