Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R13 v Eagles

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    McVeigh a big loss on this years form. Will need a big game from Lloyd and Jones tomorrow

+1 big time.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    The 50m arc was measured out by one of the commentators, last year from memory.. prior to a match, and it is in fact 50 mts !
    Yes from memory I think it was Brian Taylor.
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Glad it's just a minor calf injury. For a moment I thought that the Moore Park triangle may have claimed another victim.
    I thought the same thing when my brother told me that McVeigh was out with an injury. Glad it's only calf tightness.

It really is unfair that we are playing a team who had the bye and we only have a 6 day break. Surely the afl can fixture teams who have the bye to play each other!

Jack Darling an emergency? Could they pull a swifty?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The AFL advises the four West Coast emergency players for tomorrow�s rd13 match v Sydney were incorrectly lodged.

The correct players are:
    12 Allen
    33 Ainsworth
    34 Hutchings
    41 Ah Chee

Ends

Could it be that Aliir is being kept out of the side by McVeigh rather than anyone else? Ie. Macca is a bit long in the tooth so Aliir is being primed as a replacement?

I see Sheppard has been listed to play on Lance at CHB. Sheppard reported at 187 and 85kg, so big task given Barrass at 194 and 95 was pretty ineffective in R1. McGovern is their only really tall back (at 196 and 99), and if he has to quit the loose intercept marking role, that could be a major re-structure for West Coast.

I see Sheppard has been listed to play on Lance at CHB. Sheppard reported at 187 and 85kg, so big task given Barrass at 194 and 95 was pretty ineffective in R1. McGovern is their only really tall back (at 196 and 99), and if he has to quit the loose intercept marking role, that could be a major re-structure for West Coast.

For me, this is going to be a very interesting game with a few key questions:

1. Apart from Round 1, I have only seen bits and pieces of West Coast this year and given that I originally expected them to miss the 8, I am interested to see where they have improved so much.

2. How do the Swans set up their defence with Reg, Rampe, Marsh, and Aliir all playing together? I'm guessing Reg takes Lycett/Nic Nat, Rampe takes Kennedy and Aliir takes Brander. Marsh is relieved of key defensive work and will play more of the McVeigh role.

3. Can our emerging taggers in Hewitt and Harry C keep doing a job on Shuey and Gaff respectively? If they can, it will help us go a long way to winning.

4. Can we turn West Coast's perceived strength of their rucks into a weakness by making them run? Nic Nat continues to only play about 60% game time with some of that up forward indicating that he is still not endurance fit.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    West Coast have 3 genuine tall forwards - Kennedy, Waterman, Brander and then the resting ruckman who I believe rests mostly on the bench rather than on field. With LeCras, Cripps and Ryan also potent goalkickers, our defenders are going to have a challenging game.

Veterans List
    I'm very happy to see Aliir finally in the one's.....and I hope one week was enough for KJ's hip, we need him at his best.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    West Coast have 3 genuine tall forwards - Kennedy, Waterman, Brander and then the resting ruckman who I believe rests mostly on the bench rather than on field. With LeCras, Cripps and Ryan also potent goalkickers, our defenders are going to have a challenging game.
    Yep, it'll be a challenge. I was very impressed with Ryan before his injury - quick, marking threat, dangerous at ground level. He'll be a tough match-up. Longmire indicated Aliir could play defence, fill-in ruck around the ground or forward. Really hope he has a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yep, it'll be a challenge. I was very impressed with Ryan before his injury - quick, marking threat, dangerous at ground level. He'll be a tough match-up. Longmire indicated Aliir could play defence, fill-in ruck around the ground or forward. Really hope he has a good game.
    I hope for Aliir's sake its contained to defending/back up ruck. Given how hard he found the forward role earlier in the year. McCartin should continue to play that forward role though that will help.

McVeigh out is a bit loss - his finger pointing has been at excellent levels this year, let alone his quality footballing skills as well!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast