Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 13 Chat About The Other Games

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Daisy is destined for the special comments seat in the commentary box.
    I'm interested to see if she gets a chance to call a game. Her insights and interviewing, are certainly an improvement on most at Channel 7. If an AFL game is too much of a leap for management, then maybe they could trial her in the AFLW? Well, in an AFLW game that she's not playing in.

Veterans List
    Some interesting 'score' stats from ABC Grandstand this morning.....the most common score in the history of AFL/VFL is 12 12 84, the second is 10 12 72 (our score last night), third is 11 13 79 and fourth is 10 11 71. Those facts have made your day haven't they?!.......

Veterans List
    Speaking of my call to dissolve Gold Coast due to lack of success (and send them to Tassie).....I suppose I have no right to call for that when we have an established Victorian club performing even worse.

Mid way through second quarter, Freo 59 Blues 6. Just pathetic by Carlton......

Veterans List
    Half time......Freo 79 Blues 7. Wow.....who'd be a Blues supporter ATM? Blues fans booing the team off at half time.......sad but not.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Half time......Freo 79 Blues 7. Wow.....who'd be a Blues supporter ATM? Blues fans booing the team off at half time.......sad but not.
    Let's hope the club rips itself apart! The longer the Blues stay at the bottom of the ladder, the better it is!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Not looking good for Alan Richardson
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Not looking good for Alan Richardson
    Happy for Stuey Dew and the Suns for that matter but I feel for Richardson......I think he's a viable coach with not a lot to work with.

Regular in the Side
    I tipped gold coast this week. that was absolutely pathetic. in the last 4 weeks their 4th quarter total score is 2 points including this game where one of their players didn't score from 35m out slight angle.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Crazy result in the end

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Happy for Stuey Dew and the Suns for that matter but I feel for Richardson......I think he's a viable coach with not a lot to work with.
    I take that back.......

Veteran Site Admin
    I don't think it was a good game for either club or coach, though Dew doesn't have to worry about his job for a while.

The Saints were very ordinary except for that final quarter. Why didn't they play with that drive for the other three quarters. Being a man down for most of the game, and two men down for a chunk of the game, didn't help, except that it didn't seem to be an impediment during the final quarter. They earned themselves four points, which might relieve some immediate pressure, but that could paper over cracks and it doesn't indicate that they've rediscovered their form.

As for the Suns, they played some reasonable football in the first half, but how can a team be that awful in the final quarter? It's not as if the Saints were completely on fire in the final quarter. The Suns just stopped. Unless they are deliberately tanking, it's hard to understand the mentality of a team that can do OK for three quarters and then, literally, stop. Dew has an awful lot of work to do with his team.

Regular in the Side
    So, everyone barracking for the Cats this afternoon? And a nice close high scoring game - for aesthetics and so they both lose percentage (isn't that how the maths works?).
    So I feel aggrieved that they have to play their home game at Richmond's home ground. I guess the AFL dictate this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast