Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 13 Chat About The Other Games

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, Bob Murphy is a classy and thoughtful individual. Hopefully, his commentary career will be successful.
    Always had time for Bob, especially so after that gesture. Pleased to see he still writes occasional articles in the Age. I think this is the latest:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p4zl6f.html

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Always had time for Bob, especially so after that gesture. Pleased to see he still writes occasional articles in the Age. I think this is the latest:

Thanks for that. I was thinking more or less along those lines last week, watching our forwards, especially Ronke, chase down the opposition. That is, while they were on the big stage, the way they were striving, was almost like being back in the school yard. There seemed to be a certain joie de vivre in just running at full pace, not really knowing if you were going to catch them, but giving it your all nonetheless. Because, hey, it's fun and what would you rather be doing.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, Bob Murphy is a classy and thoughtful individual. Hopefully, his commentary career will be successful.
    I hope so too and I think he's too intelligent to suffer Ling's fall from grace......

Veterans List
    What a tricky weekend for footy tipping, despite the bookies having clear cut favourites, most games are 50/50, us tonight, GC-Saints, Blues-Freo, Hawks-Crows, Tiges-Cats. Any result in those five games wouldn't surprise.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by I�m-uninformed2 View Post
    It�s so enjoyable seeing the Bulldogs stomped on
    have to agree with this. McAvaney kept on trying to make excuses for the Bulldogs and pumping them up - it was nauseous

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    have to agree with this. McAvaney kept on trying to make excuses for the Bulldogs and pumping them up - it was nauseous
    It's time Bruce stuck to commentating athletics which, with his encyclopedic knowledge he is actually very good at but footy is not for him anymore.......

Veterans List
    I agree about McAvaney. During the summer foxtel showed some matches from the last few decades and he was actually a good commentator back then. He just talks dribble now and the noises he makes is just embarrassing.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I agree about McAvaney. During the summer foxtel showed some matches from the last few decades and he was actually a good commentator back then. He just talks dribble now and the noises he makes is just embarrassing.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Yes, he's lost it unfortunately. Basil is poor too. Darcy takes it seriously but doesn't quite have it. Hamish McLachlan is better. At least Taylor can read the game. I didn't mind Brayshaw last week, but there's no nuance.

Off the lead commentators, really enjoyed Daisy Pearce's insights tonight.

Veterans List
    Daisy is great (cut her teeth on Grandstand radio) but Basil thinks he's the new Dennis Cometti.....which he ain't! He just comes across as cliched and jingoistic, not to mention freakin' biased as hell. Dennis, as proud as he was of his state, was never so partial.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Daisy is great (cut her teeth on Grandstand radio) but Basil thinks he's the new Dennis Cometti.....which he ain't! He just comes across as cliched and jingoistic, not to mention freakin' biased as hell. Dennis, as proud as he was of his state, was never so partial.
    Daisy is destined for the special comments seat in the commentary box.

This four umpy thing is really working in favour of the key marking forwards. I wonder if our Moore/McGovern rumours are to stock our team with key position players to take advantage.?.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

What a good read, taking you right into the thick of it and lining up on the marque players .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast