Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 13 Chat About The Other Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Round 13 Chat About The Other Games

Watching the Power/Bulldogs game, I'm forming the opinion that the once snarling Bulldogs, have really turned into Shih Tzus.

Veteran Site Admin
    Very impressive first half from young Richards. Ludwig would be salivating, I�m sure. He has really nice size about him and his kicking has been fantastic. (And not to mention a magnificent head of hair.)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Very impressive first half from young Richards. Ludwig would be salivating, I�m sure. He has really nice size about him and his kicking has been fantastic. (And not to mention a magnificent head of hair.)
    It's breaking my heart.

It�s so enjoyable seeing the Bulldogs stomped on

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I�m-uninformed2 View Post
    I'm enjoying it too!

While its harsh on their supporters, I'd be more than happy for their next premiership drought to be as long as their previous one....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    have to agree with this. McAvaney kept on trying to make excuses for the Bulldogs and pumping them up - it was nauseous

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    have to agree with this. McAvaney kept on trying to make excuses for the Bulldogs and pumping them up - it was nauseous
    It's time Bruce stuck to commentating athletics which, with his encyclopedic knowledge he is actually very good at but footy is not for him anymore.......

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Watching the Power/Bulldogs game, I'm forming the opinion that the once snarling Bulldogs, have really turned into Shih Tzus.
    Avoiding the swear filter again ...
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Shaun Burgoyne playing his 350th this round. He is a great player & acknowledge him for this remarkable feat, especially considering Port thought he was finished after 157 games. Talk of him continuing on next year & breaking Adam Goodes record of 372 games for an indigenous player, leaves me in distaste though. During the height of Adam's racist booing all clubs made statements showing their DIRECT support for Adam.....except Hawthorn. I recall Burgoyne & Rioli making a club video against racism in footy but no reference to Adam whatsoever, which I took as deliberate considering Hawthorn's denial their fans were racist with their intense booing of Adam. I also felt Adam would've played on for another year if not hounded out of the game.
    Last edited by KSAS; 15th June 2018 at 09:09 AM.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Shaun Burgoyne playing his 350th this round. He is a great player & acknowledge him for this remarkable feat, especially considering Port thought he was finished after 157 games. Talk of him continuing on next year & breaking Adam Goodes record of 372 games for an indigenous player, leaves me in distaste though. During the height of Adam's racist booing all clubs made statements showing their DIRECT support for Adam.....except Hawthorn. I recall Burgoyne & Rioli making a club video against racism in footy but no reference to Adam whatsoever, which I took as deliberate considering Hawthorn's denial their fans were racist with their intense booing of Adam. I also felt Adam would've played on for another year if not hounded out of the game.
    Completely agree. The indigenous players at Hawthorn had a chance to make a stand and make a difference but didn't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Completely agree. The indigenous players at Hawthorn had a chance to make a stand and make a difference but didn't take it.
    I always remember Bob Murphy taking the coin toss in Adam's #37. This is the one that stands out for me although Bob is not indigenous.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast