Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: #AFL Round 13, Swans vs Eagles, 7:50pm, SCG #AFLSwansEagles @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    Talking Footy on channel 7 was no better. They only mentioned Aliir and that was in the "Overrated/Underrated" segment. (Although I did fast forward the Buckley interview but I doubt they would have mentioned the swans).

My recording of Footy Classified didn't work so I don't know if we were discussed.

Veterans List
    All the footy 'analysis' shows need Titus O'Reily on board, for a more balanced view.....here's his latest on the Swans V WC game, even though I found the Buddy reference a little confusing......I can only take it as meaning Titus found Buddy receiving free kicks strange.

Sydney (72) v West Coast (57)

Now this was a masterclass by the Channel Seven commentary team.

I thought they�d peaked last week, but this was artistry.

If getting players� names wrong was a sport, they�d win the World Cup.

Brian Taylor at one stage called the SCG the MCG, probably not for the first time having no idea where he was.

He also spent a lot of the game thinking Willie Rioli and Liam Ryan were the same person. Hmmm.

Not to mention that Channel Seven seem to believe you need about fifty people to call a game and they all need to talk as much as possible.

Daisy Pearce stands out because she actually says something about the game being played in front of her. We�ve become so unused to that it kind of jars me every time.

West Coast�s ten game winning streak is over, bookended by two losses to Sydney.

If the Swans were still based in Melbourne, they�d be named premiers this week in the Victorian media.

It was tough going for the Eagles, they struggled to score and when they seem to lift, the umpires seemed to find another level.

At one stage, the umpires tried repeatedly to get Buddy a goal, only to be frustrated by him missing shots. To their credit they didn�t give up, dug deep and managed to finally get him one.

The Eagles� problem was their entry into their forward line was more frustrating than Optus� World Cup coverage.

The whole round wrap up from Titus is here: The Monday Knee Jerk Reaction: AFL Round Thirteen@ | Titus O'Reily

Veterans List
    Here's another couple of Titus classics (from here again: The Monday Knee Jerk Reaction: AFL Round Thirteen@ | Titus O'Reily )

It was a great win for Hawthorn and didn�t their fans get right behind them with 26,693 people turning up? They�re hardcore those Hawks fans.

For Adelaide, the season is now probably over and not soon enough.

It was a horrific night for Australian sport. The Socceroos lost, the Wallabies lost, the Australian Cricket team lost, and Hawthorn won.

.....and this one.....

Allowing Fremantle to kick 77 points in a half is the universe�s way of telling you that footy isn�t for you.

Footy hasn�t been Carlton�s thing for some time. Making their fans miserable and crushing any remanets of hope is more their style.

In the first half, Carlton did it all, they allowed the Dockers, a team not exactly known for their freewheeling offensive capabilities, score 77 points, while also only scoring four points themselves.

It led to various Carlton spokespeople hitting the airwaves on Sunday morning to explain how the rebuild was �working�.

Great stuff!

Warming the Bench
    Seems to be a lot of love for Titus on here
    I think he hits about 1 in 10
    The rest are Dad jokes and he's running out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Seems to be a lot of love for Titus on here
    I think he hits about 1 in 10
    The rest are Dad jokes and he's running out of them
    I'm a big fan of Titus but agree his material is getting staler.

Warming the Bench
    In a world of BT and on all the clowns involved in AFL coverage that think they're funny and/or insightful I welcome Titus as a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    In a world of BT and on all the clowns involved in AFL coverage that think they're funny and/or insightful I welcome Titus as a breath of fresh air.
    BT is much funnier than Titus.

Warming the Bench
    If you mean in terms of laughing at him rather than with him, then sure BT wins by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Here's another couple of Titus classics (from here again: The Monday Knee Jerk Reaction: AFL Round Thirteen@ | Titus O'Reily )

It was a great win for Hawthorn and didn�t their fans get right behind them with 26,693 people turning up? They�re hardcore those Hawks fans.

For Adelaide, the season is now probably over and not soon enough.

It was a horrific night for Australian sport. The Socceroos lost, the Wallabies lost, the Australian Cricket team lost, and Hawthorn won.

.....and this one.....

Allowing Fremantle to kick 77 points in a half is the universe�s way of telling you that footy isn�t for you.

Footy hasn�t been Carlton�s thing for some time. Making their fans miserable and crushing any remanets of hope is more their style.

In the first half, Carlton did it all, they allowed the Dockers, a team not exactly known for their freewheeling offensive capabilities, score 77 points, while also only scoring four points themselves.

It led to various Carlton spokespeople hitting the airwaves on Sunday morning to explain how the rebuild was �working�.

Great stuff!
    The build is coming along just fine.

The Simpsons - Barbecue Pit HD - YouTube

Veterans List
    Just watched the replay, always a nice thing to do where you can rewind bits and watch closely at what's happening without worrying about the scoreline like you do when the game is live.

The thing that stood out was the amount of ground Ollie covers, he was everywhere and had real influence. His growth this year has been enormous, we've got a beauty there.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    The thing that stood out was the amount of ground Ollie covers, he was everywhere and had real influence. His growth this year has been enormous, we've got a beauty there.
    Not sure what he got but he wasn't top 3 for us,
    Heeney, 14.3
    Reg, 14.1
    Hanners,14.0

Ollie definitely has been there about though previous;y. racks up the K's!

Fun fact Hayward had the fastest avg speed across both sides in attack and defence. Solid workrate for a 2nd year guy as it's measured when we/they have the ball.

FF#2: Top 5 in attack was a mixed bag of both teams, however in defence we took all top 5 spots. Our smothering, swarming defence is really telling.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I think that type of perception comes down to knowing where to run rather than being able to run further.

It�s a good sign that he�s a proper footballer rather than athlete. I admit I was pretty sceptical about him at the start of the year but he�s been exceptional.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223