Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 13, Swans vs Eagles, 7:50pm, SCG #AFLSwansEagles @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I personally would not put Col in for his first game against the defending champs and no1 on the table at the MCG

If Col didn�t get his shot vs St Kilda why would he now against Richmond ?

The tigers will bring it and we have more capable experience in the backline to draw upon right now

I know a few of us probably don�t like the turn and chase we see Swanpy doing sometimes but his decision making and long kicks were very good I thought against WCE. Marsh had a variety of difficult athletic and fast matchups and most importantly he did well to allow lloyd , Jones etc to play free and set up play

AA played well in the role he was given against WCE but a role less needed I feel against the Tigers

Macca is very important in 2018 for our backline

I suspect Macca in for AA or Marsh

MCG isn�t much bigger then the new SCG and for me I think Macca provides so much more on the transitions then either of the above players
    Reminder our R15 against Richmond is at Etihad and not the MCG. Strange that it
    is, but should suit us more considering Richmond performs so much better at the G.

Makes no sense that this game is at docklands and not the MCG.

ALIIR

Where the hell have they been hiding him?
    He has the best hands. His decision making skills have improved tremendously.

I haven't seen the replay, so I have nothing to complain about yet.
    It was just lovely bringing a few wet coke supporters with me and the pommies from work (who all now go for Sydney, even the one who jumped on the Richmond bandwagon two weeks ago), the wet cokers behind me were gracious (after I told them that the bloke that just joined them was my co-worker and to be nice), and the ones I was texting through the game pretty much ignored me after three quarter time.
    I love beating the cokers twice in a season.
    If there's a footy god in heaven, we'll beat them once more on the last Saturday in September.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Is there a NEAFL game this weekend that Reid, Melican etc could play in as a tune up (if fit)?

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Reminder our R15 against Richmond is at Etihad and not the MCG. Strange that it
    is, but should suit us more considering Richmond performs so much better at the G.
    Also handy is the fact that we have an excellent record at Etihad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Is there a NEAFL game this weekend that Reid, Melican etc could play in as a tune up (if fit)?
    No, the reserves also have a bye.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Also handy is the fact that we have an excellent record at Etihad..
    This same question arose re: Geelongs �home� game on the MCG. Is it better to play the Tigers at Etihad (where it might be easier) or the MCG (where we�ll have to beat them if we both make the GF)?

Veteran Site Admin
    This same question arose re: Geelongs �home� game on the MCG. Is it better to play the Tigers at Etihad (where it might be easier) or the MCG (where we�ll have to beat them if we both make the GF)?
    I don't think it's better or worse. It is just what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't think it's better or worse. It is just what it is.
    I guess I was asking, if you were John Longmire where would you prefer to play Richmond in Melbourne?

Interested to hear what people think

I would have preferred to test our evolving footy of 2018 in the MCG against the best

Ready for finals

I guess I was asking, if you were John Longmire where would you prefer to play Richmond in Melbourne?

Personally, I would prefer the team running out with a positive attitude, and I suspect that is more likely to happen at Etihad, where probably every player knows that we pretty well always win there. If that positive frame of mind translates to a win, then all the better for any future match up.
    I also think that one reason why we win at Etihad, is that the dry and wind free conditions, means that we are less likely to commit turnovers, when our rapid handballs go astray and our kicks are sliced.

Veteran Site Admin

If you asked Longmire he�d say, with a faint laugh, �we don�t worry about things like that. We don�t control where we play. We just worry about what we can control.�

And he says that so often, I reckon he truly believes it. The Swans� away record over the last few seasons is fantastic. I haven�t looked it up, but I suspect there is a fair margin between us and the next best. Maybe the Hawks are close. I think the team has genuinely developed a mentality where they really don�t think about where they are playing.

Warming the Bench
    MCG
    We need to play there as much as possible