Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R23 v Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    There's nothing worse than sitting in my members' reserved seating area in the Brewongle and have opposition supporters in seats usually occupied by other Swans members. I bought my seats specifically so I can be surrounded by Swans members, not opposition supporters.
    Sorry Erica .... I always hope it is a Swans supporter who buys the ticket ...

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I love the fixturing. I refuse to travel to the SCG so having the swans on prime time TV is awesome.
    NARF

I love the night games... leaves my days free to do stuff.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    NARF

I love the night games... leaves my days free to do stuff.
    Do you live close to the SCG Annie?
    Do you have a young family?
    A different proposition to those who live further away and have youngsters.
    I personally have no young family but live about 21/2 hours away (public transport).
    I go to Saturday night games but not Friday (7.50pm) or Thursday games.
    I enjoy Swans games whether live at the game or at home tucked up on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Do you live close to the SCG Annie?
    Do you have a young family?
    A different proposition to those who live further away and have youngsters.
    I personally have no young family but live about 21/2 hours away (public transport).
    I go to Saturday night games but not Friday (7.50pm) or Thursday games.
    I enjoy Swans games whether live at the game or at home tucked up on the couch.
    I live about 10k's from the SCG. I go to weeknight games straight after work; and I don't have rugrats to lug around.
    I love the night games... it leaves my days free.
    Barry just hates the SCG; and the rest of the fan base hated Olympic Stadium. One day he'll get over it, but don't hold your breath waiting.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

My kids love the swans! But can't go to see them. 2 day games all year and one was a twilight the day after the daylight savings change meaning they were still too tired to see it all.

When I was a kid we got in for virtually nothing because the afl was trying to get kids here into the sport, and most of the games were day games. I guess they are now comfortable that they don't need to do that any more, but it's bloody sad for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    My kids love the swans! But can't go to see them. 2 day games all year and one was a twilight the day after the daylight savings change meaning they were still too tired to see it all.

When I was a kid we got in for virtually nothing because the afl was trying to get kids here into the sport, and most of the games were day games. I guess they are now comfortable that they don't need to do that any more, but it's bloody sad for the kids.
    Possibly not entirely relevant, but when I was a kid following rugby league, I used to get into games for free, because me and my little pals used to arrive at Brookvale Oval, around half an hour before the turnstiles opened. We would then sneak under the back gate and make our way to our usual position at the half way line, in front of the main stand. Strangely, no officials ever asked us to explain why we were in the ground, half an hour before the gates opened? Maybe they thought that we were the children of players, staff, or other officials? Who knows?
    Unfortunately, I tended to spend the money I saved, on buying an extra pie or two. Inevitably, they were these terrible things, that when you tried to eat them, your fingers would go straight through the soggy bottom and scalding pie juice would then run down your fingers.
    Actually, now that I think of it, in the days before microwaves, it was some sort of bizarre achievement, to construct a pie, that was cold and soggy on the outside, but sadistically hot on the inside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123