Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R23 v Hawthorn

Just for a different viewpoint, As I dont live in NSW and I work on weekends, this has been one of the best years for me to be able to see the games

Regardless when this game is played, I expect it to be a real grudge match & our boys come out firing after Clarkson's comments/actions when they last met.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by tasswan View Post
    Just for a different viewpoint, As I dont live in NSW and I work on weekends, this has been one of the best years for me to be able to see the games
    I agree.

As an interstate supporter all of the night games we get are brilliant.

Almost looks like the Sydney based supporters are starting to feel what Vic based supporter have endured for years (of all teams) and the AFL's decision that TV telecast is the be all and end all has finally started to affect the viability of seeing games live more and more.
    I'm pretty busy so getting to games is opportunistic for me.
    I can't afford half a day to see a couple of hours of footy.Only game I saw this year was the Saints game as I was exhibiting at the exhibition centre before the game started.
    What I'd do to open up Waverley again....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I love the fixturing. I refuse to travel to the SCG so having the swans on prime time TV is awesome.

Yes, this year half the group dropped their membership due to high percentage of night games. Work and health have impacted my ability to get to games and I shouldn't have bother this year either.

I complained to the Swans while renewing. If this year fixture timeslots are repeated next year, I'll drop to a 3 game membership. I'm happy to watch most of the night games at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swanstubbs View Post
    I complained to the Swans while renewing.
    Response from Swans about my gripes with this years draw...

"Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on the 2018 fixture

We understand that the afternoon and twilight timeslots are favourites of our members, we also understand that the night games can make it difficult for our family members to attend we are happy with the blockbuster fixture we have been given and always welcome families at the footy.

Each club does get a few requests for the fixture we are not necessarily met by the AFL, each year we do request to have more afternoon or day games as we know that these timeslots are preferred by our members. Given we have a very high number and supporters and draw large crowds the AFL tend to allocate us the blockbuster timeslots of night game.

If you are unable attend all home matches your membership is transferable so you can pass it along to a family member or friend to use. Alternatively you can return your seat for resale and if it is resold you will earn an account credit to her 2019 membership. These are measures we have put in place for members to get the most out of their memberships as we understand that sometimes it can be difficult to attend all 11 home games due to prior commitments.

We look forward to seeing you in 2018!"

R23 v Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by Swanstubbs View Post
    If you are unable attend all home matches your membership is transferable so you can pass it along to a family member or friend to use. Alternatively you can return your seat for resale and if it is resold you will earn an account credit to her 2019 membership. These are measures we have put in place for members to get the most out of their memberships as we understand that sometimes it can be difficult to attend all 11 home games due to prior commitments."
    Good comprehensive response from the Swans.

I was interested in the �return your seat� comment as I had wondered whether this was specific to the Swans - and it sounds as if it is.

I am missing a few matches this year because of travel but didn�t contemplate not renewing my membership as I don�t want to lose my excellent seat in the Brewongle (and I want to support the club). So far I have �returned� my seat twice and it has re-sold both times. Which is a nice start (at $25 each time) to paying for next year�s membership.

Clever initiative by the club - win for them, win for me, win for the lucky sod who sat in my seat and (I hope) cheered themselves hoarse as Swans beat the Eagles last match!

Ps: And if it was an Eagles� fan who bought my ticket they must have been doubly miserable as it is right in the middle of a huge crowd of Swans� members!

I should have qualified my comment by also mentioning that memberships have been growing regardless of the schedule, so maybe they have got it right for the vast majority?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Speaking of Hawthorn......their draw for the rest of the season will probably see them march into September........frankly, as one of the most undeserving finalists in years. I don't think I have seen a more favourable season fixture for a team ever......Did Clarko shout the coffees (and cakes) at the fixture meetings?

rofl
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I love the fixturing. I refuse to travel to the SCG so having the swans on prime time TV is awesome.
    Get back under that bridge

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Speaking of Hawthorn......their draw for the rest of the season will probably see them march into September........frankly, as one of the most undeserving finalists in years. I don't think I have seen a more favourable season fixture for a team ever......Did Clarko shout the coffees (and cakes) at the fixture meetings?
    Yes he did... Very soft draw, but will hopefully be canon fodder in the finals.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

I was interested in the �return your seat� comment as I had wondered whether this was specific to the Swans - and it sounds as if it is.

I am missing a few matches this year because of travel but didn�t contemplate not renewing my membership as I don�t want to lose my excellent seat in the Brewongle (and I want to support the club). So far I have �returned� my seat twice and it has re-sold both times. Which is a nice start (at $25 each time) to paying for next year�s membership.

Clever initiative by the club - win for them, win for me, win for the lucky sod who sat in my seat and (I hope) cheered themselves hoarse as Swans beat the Eagles last match!

Ps: And if it was an Eagles� fan who bought my ticket they must have been doubly miserable as it is right in the middle of a huge crowd of Swans� members!
    However this arrangement doesn't apply to all members, only those with allocated seats.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

There's nothing worse than sitting in my members' reserved seating area in the Brewongle and have opposition supporters in seats usually occupied by other Swans members. I bought my seats specifically so I can be surrounded by Swans members, not opposition supporters.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast