Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye week

Bye week

How are we going to spend it? The World Cup makes it easier than most years but it's still an odd blip in the middle of the season. In terms of scheduling, the AFL have made a blue giving us a bye this week with the NRL also having the week off and the Giants being in Brisbane.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    How are we going to spend it? The World Cup makes it easier than most years but it's still an odd blip in the middle of the season. In terms of scheduling, the AFL have made a blue giving us a bye this week with the NRL also having the week off and the Giants being in Brisbane.

I am ready for a rest but also excited for what might lie ahead.

I'm bored already.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

We could talk about Swans evolving game style

How Sydney Swans are evolving according to David King

Sydney�s mix of a restrictive defence, and an added element of speed, have given them one of their best chances to win the premiership, according to dual All-Australian David King...

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    We could talk about Swans evolving game style

How Sydney Swans are evolving according to David King

Sydney�s mix of a restrictive defence, and an added element of speed, have given them one of their best chances to win the premiership, according to dual All-Australian David King...
    I think he's right. I was only commenting to a couple of fellow supporters yesterday how noticeable it is.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Any footy commentator not noticing what is happening at the Swans would have to be watching Masterchef solely to be unaware of the evolution .
    Kingy has customarily been awake up however.

I feel like we have never really lacked pace, since drafting Jetta, Rohan and getting Rhyce Shaw etc.

Defensive pressure is definitely an area we have improved on though, with defensive closing speed, harassing and corralling the ball user from our young guys like Papley, Hayward, Ronke, Florent leading the way. Forward defensive pressure has been our Achilles heel the past few years, not so much the lack of pace.

https://streamable.com/udtfh This video link here is an example of it.

Nup.
    Still bored.\
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    I'm using the bye to work out the permutations of trade week and the ND. Should keep me busy :-)

I notice in today's potential No.1 pick article by Twomey that the "recruiter" says Blakey should definitely be in top 5 conversations, so too should Tarryn Thomas the Tassie kid gifted to Norf. What we need is for other highly touted kids to have great U18 carnivals so that Blakey gets pushed out of top 5 conversation. He will cost us no doubt but looks a great addition.

BF boards are an interesting read over the bye, I particularly like the madcap trades and recruiting posters come up with. Blues and Crows boards are full of what the Crows would need to give up to get pick 1 to use on SA prodigy Lukocious, the strong favourite to be top pick.

I'm looking at scenarios for the rest of the season. The next two weeks are critical - if we can have decent wins (1-3 goals) against Richmond and Geelong, we are a pretty good chance to finish top 2.

Seriously now! Who would ever believe these boys are Footballers?

screenshot-www.sydneyswans.com.au-2018.06.20-18-16-20.jpg

And first round draft picks to boot.

I reckon Port will finish top two, their remaining draw is a cakewalk .
    Then they might struggle .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast