Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An appeal for Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Rubbish.
    Go down to some housing commission flats and see how those in lower socio-economic categories are treated.
    I fully understand the argument that you and others are trying to make, but you are saying that because of my skin colour I am able to come close to understanding the issues at hand that are faced by others.
    Apparently my moral compass is locked in place, unable to move towards the 100% required to make a comment, because of my skin colour?
    Right on sister!

I'm sick to death of ignorant and biased twits forcing their beliefs on the population when they haven't got the personal experience of the situation.

I believe I'm extremely qualified to make a highly qualified opinion on this but as usual, the "lefty" commentators will disregard it as being some sort of bias or racism because it doesn't agree with their "white basher" opinions;
    + I have indigenous heritage, along with European and British heritage.
    + I have previously worked in law enforcement in heavily indigenous areas for over a decade.
    + I have subsequently worked in an industry which gave financial advice to "under-privileged" people in an area with a high indigenous population.

The issue that many of the indigenous population have (excluding the very few in remote areas) is no different to what the general population has. However, they are given significantly more funding, resources and encouragement to gain an education and experience than the rest of the population.

The trouble is that over the last few generations they have become reliant on social welfare. Large numbers of them have no drive because the social security system gives them everything they need. Why should they seek to improve themselves when they have this "money for doing nothing"?

Their families don't hold the same standards that most families would uphold. In my mixed race family, surviving on social welfare would have been frowned upon, whereas this is considered the norm in many indigenous families.

We need to break the cycle of indigenous people relying on welfare. Bob Hawke decided to transfer some of the fiscal responsibility onto the indigenous leaders. This was a huge failure. The Federal Government handed billions to the Aboriginal Co-ops and they blew it. They would buy brand new Land Cruisers and write them off in 12 months, they would hold huge parties/pissups on the co-ops accounts, they would burn down houses repossessed from white people, they would steal funds from the co-op accounts and get away with it. Why did they get away with this? Because they were indigenous.

The old analogy of "give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime" has never been so true. Rather than throwing money at the indigenous people in order to shut them up and keep them happy we need transfer this money into education and changing of their mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Right on sister!

I'm sick to death of ignorant and biased twits forcing their beliefs on the population when they haven't got the personal experience of the situation.

I believe I'm extremely qualified to make a highly qualified opinion on this but as usual, the "lefty" commentators will disregard it as being some sort of bias or racism because it doesn't agree with their "white basher" opinions;
    + I have indigenous heritage, along with European and British heritage.
    + I have previously worked in law enforcement in heavily indigenous areas for over a decade.
    + I have subsequently worked in an industry which gave financial advice to "under-privileged" people in an area with a high indigenous population.

The issue that many of the indigenous population have (excluding the very few in remote areas) is no different to what the general population has. However, they are given significantly more funding, resources and encouragement to gain an education and experience than the rest of the population.

The trouble is that over the last few generations they have become reliant on social welfare. Large numbers of them have no drive because the social security system gives them everything they need. Why should they seek to improve themselves when they have this "money for doing nothing"?

Their families don't hold the same standards that most families would uphold. In my mixed race family, surviving on social welfare would have been frowned upon, whereas this is considered the norm in many indigenous families.

We need to break the cycle of indigenous people relying on welfare. Bob Hawke decided to transfer some of the fiscal responsibility onto the indigenous leaders. This was a huge failure. The Federal Government handed billions to the Aboriginal Co-ops and they blew it. They would buy brand new Land Cruisers and write them off in 12 months, they would hold huge parties/pissups on the co-ops accounts, they would burn down houses repossessed from white people, they would steal funds from the co-op accounts and get away with it. Why did they get away with this? Because they were indigenous.

The old analogy of "give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime" has never been so true. Rather than throwing money at the indigenous people in order to shut them up and keep them happy we need transfer this money into education and changing of their mindset.
    Knew it was coming. Oh dear, where does one start? Discretion dictates that one had better not.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because Eddie is left wing whilst Rosie is right wing. That's how the overly politically correct and biased media works in the world these days.

It was actually quite embarrassing how Roseanne was treated. She, along with her fellow cast gets the sack for her making a monkey reference in a tweet whilst the rest of Hollywood says "@@@@ Trump" verbally and they get a pat on the back.

The political world is so unreasonably balanced.
    Eddie is left-wing, folks. Just let that sink in.

Could this have got any more off topic?

Eddie McGuire ruins everything

Right, left, whatever.
    None of that for me.

Also, the way Roseanne was treated was probably very appropriate.
    Perhaps Eddie got off pretty easy.

My comments are non-partisan.
    Putting labels or a political spin on things is a part of the problem.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Knew it was coming. Oh dear, where does one start? Discretion dictates that one had better not.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Eddie is left-wing, folks. Just let that sink in.
    Great contribution as usual bloods05. Great points made.

Veterans List
    Last edited by stevoswan; 23rd June 2018 at 02:31 AM.

Veterans List
    Rubbish.
    Go down to some housing commission flats and see how those in lower socio-economic categories are treated.
    I fully understand the argument that you and others are trying to make, but you are saying that because of my skin colour I am able to come close to understanding the issues at hand that are faced by others.
    Apparently my moral compass is locked in place, unable to move towards the 100% required to make a comment, because of my skin colour?
    Well, that's capitalism and that's another story......life's not fair yada yada but if your of non white appearance, it can be/is even less fair. No one is saying your views aren't worthy and don't count but on the issue of indigenous/non-white experience......probably not as relevant. I'm 'white' and I understand and accept this.......maybe it's only those who fear 'less privilege' that seem to struggle with this concept or worse, twist it the other way around.......whites rights are under siege! Laughable.....and incorrect.

Great contribution as usual bloods05. Great points made.
    Why thank you sir. Most kind.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well, that's capitalism and that's another story......life's not fair yada yada but if your of non white appearance, it can be/is even less fair. No one is saying your views aren't worthy and don't count but on the issue of indigenous/non-white experience......probably not as relevant. I'm 'white' and I understand and accept this.......maybe it's only those who fear 'less privilege' that seem to struggle with this concept or worse, twist it the other way around.......whites rights are under siege! Laughable.....and incorrect.
    I used that as one example. Not everything needs to be political or defined by classes.
    There's a simple right and wrong.
    I believe that the majority here at RWO have a fair moral compass, I also believe that many would have been swayed more that way after the Goodes treatment.
    Everyone can be 'better' in the way they view these issues.
    Personally, as I said, I believe that the biggest issue is that the change will only happen generationally.
    I see that constant discussion and raising of the issue does little to solve the overall problem. Events such as Winmar and Goodes have a real impact and that's great.
    I guess you could argue that I stand on the moral high ground and leave the battle to others. That wouldn't really be fair, but I can see how it could look that way.
    For me its about logic.
    If the message hasn't gotten through yet, how does it?
    I'm not talking about passive racism here, be that jokes or lazy comments or whatever.
    How do you change the mind of the 'Aussie bloke' at the Sunday BBQ who is belittling indigenous people?
    You can't.

Why are we talking about politics and leanings? Surely we can leave said garbage for 'insert whatever side of politics you like's favourite paper' website....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I used that as one example. Not everything needs to be political or defined by classes.
    There's a simple right and wrong.
    I believe that the majority here at RWO have a fair moral compass, I also believe that many would have been swayed more that way after the Goodes treatment.
    Everyone can be 'better' in the way they view these issues.
    Personally, as I said, I believe that the biggest issue is that the change will only happen generationally.
    I see that constant discussion and raising of the issue does little to solve the overall problem. Events such as Winmar and Goodes have a real impact and that's great.
    I guess you could argue that I stand on the moral high ground and leave the battle to others. That wouldn't really be fair, but I can see how it could look that way.
    For me its about logic.
    If the message hasn't gotten through yet, how does it?
    I'm not talking about passive racism here, be that jokes or lazy comments or whatever.
    How do you change the mind of the 'Aussie bloke' at the Sunday BBQ who is belittling indigenous people?
    You can't.
    Fair points. We move on......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast