Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Swans Head of Football Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    That's a bit extreme. One downside of employing and promoting only your mates is that it causes a lot of internal friction, which invariably leads to good people leaving and the company under performing.

Harley, an L-plate executive, probably hasn't come across this before in his very limited corporate experience.
    Seriously? Or are you joining in with the joke?

Veterans List
    Somehow I don't think that Harley makes all the decisions at the club ????.

Senior Player
    Stevie j and now this.
    Impartial appointment from Harley?
    Do you also "blame" Harley for the appointments of Cox, Kennelly and Laidler to the coaching panel at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Somehow I don't think that Harley makes all the decisions at the club ????.
    My thoughts too. Quite a few jobs these days have a well-qualified and diverse range of reps on their panel to make a collective decision. Looking forward to what he brings!

Surprised that he's been forgotten as a player. He was definitely playing the night Davo did his stuff.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I thought that management follow the instructions of the board ?

His background in contract negotiations should be very useful in that key aspect of modern day football. Dealing with Professional players and management require someone with the skills base to handle these often tense and complicated dealings expertly. Good luck to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I thought that management follow the instructions of the board ?
    The board sets the direction of the company and the CEO's role is to execute it. For senior appointments the board has some say but usually rubber stamps the recommendation of the CEO.

That's a bit extreme. One downside of employing and promoting only your mates is that it causes a lot of internal friction, which invariably leads to good people leaving and the company under performing.

Harley, an L-plate executive, probably hasn't come across this before in his very limited corporate experience.
    Odious troll, talking our of your butt like usual

Even by your high standards that is a pathetic post, give it a rest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12