Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 14 Weekly Discussion Thread

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'm guessing that he did say it was accidental and that he was deeply remorseful?
    Said he �played the ball on its merits� (?) just went hard, no intention to hurt. May be true but raised elbows rarely end well.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I know it was probably better for us if the Dogs had beaten North but I'm happy that the Bulldogs are almost assured of missing finals - again ! - after the gift they received in 2016.

Great also to see Bulldogs fans incensed about an umpiring decision that went against them near the end of the game! (The free kicks were 23-23.)

Would like to give credit where it's due to someone I don't like. I think James Brayshaw is a bit of a neanderthal but he did a terrifc job of objectively commentating a game featuring the team he was President of. Hope McGuire was taking notes.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Great also to see Bulldogs fans incensed about an umpiring decision that went against them near the end of the game! (The free kicks were 23-23.
    They almost won off the back of a couple of very dubious calls so yes, that was quite satisfying

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Looked like 6 to me.
    Me too.....he's a repeat offender as well. Got 4 weeks for a similar incident involving his elbow earlier in his career.

I always fail to grasp why one designated defender isn�t planted on the goal line especially when holding a < 6 point lead .

In so many scenarios a goal would be prevented and it�s not a conclusion drawn from watching the World Cup .

Some teams do it and it works.

Veterans List
    Cameron was never looking to mark the ball, knew he was late to the contest, chose to raise the elbow, concussed a player, that's in the 4-6 range, can't be less for a raised elbow and that result. GWS will be sweating that it's only 4 weeks.

Wearing my conspiracy theory hat, AFL will water it down to help their team GWS :-)

Cameron starting to build a nasty looking rap sheet.

GWS next games are:
    Eagles, Richmond and Power; then
    St Kilda, Carlton, Adelaide and Swans.

If a suspension is at least 3 weeks, that would seem to significantly reduce their chances of winnning in the next few games.

Sorry, GWS next game is Hawthorn, then as above.

Miss 4 winning 4 games and they stay on 30 points; and seemingly well gone from the 8

Veterans List
    Ignored the Beveridge post match press conference last night but saw some of it this morning here:

Bevo explains post-match spray - AFL.com.au

Watch the first 20 seconds. What a sook he is.....has a go at the reporters who actually weren't 'in the room' when he sprayed the players post match but somehow seeks to blame them for simply overhearing his obviously loud meltdown when they were just doing their job.....I love the reporter coming back with "but given that we were".....which I think meant 'but given that we did' (overhear), ie; 'it's out there now anyway Bevo!'

He's a moody sooky coach who I'd think you wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of. Some of the Bulldogs strange selections reflect this I feel. I can easily see how the apparent pending 'juggernaut', no......'dynasty' wasn't it?.....that was proudly announced after their ill gotten premiership, is self destructing from within. Another average season next year and I can see the Dogs and this moody sook parting ways and Beveridge never being head coach of an AFL side again......
    Last edited by stevoswan; 24th June 2018 at 12:55 PM.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    He's possibly only now beginning to realise how "assisted" the club was in 2016.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Wearing my conspiracy theory hat, AFL will water it down to help their team GWS :-)
    I realise you probably made that comment in jest, but I do get irritated by suggestions the AFL influences the tribunal to tweak its own agendas. There's zero evidence that the Giants have been looked after at the tribunal in previous instances - Cameron got his fair whack(!) for his bump on Mathieson (though I have some sympathy for Cameron wanting to whack Mathieson), while Toby Greene has arguably been quite harshly dealt with at the tribunal. I think special rules apply to him and Tom Hawkins - the opposite of the special rules typically applied to Brownlow fancies.
    Last edited by liz; 24th June 2018 at 04:58 PM.

I noticed that the Collingwood players are wearing white armbands. Does that mean that one of their former players from the olden days has been reincarnated?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast