Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 14 Weekly Discussion Thread

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Closing in on 3/4 time, Collingwood leads the free kick count 24 - 10. Bulldog-esque figures!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I noticed that the Collingwood players are wearing white armbands. Does that mean that one of their former players from the olden days has been reincarnated?
    It was for Eurydice Dixon

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I know it was probably better for us if the Dogs had beaten North but I'm happy that the Bulldogs are almost assured of missing finals - again ! - after the gift they received in 2016.

Great also to see Bulldogs fans incensed about an umpiring decision that went against them near the end of the game! (The free kicks were 23-23.)

Would like to give credit where it's due to someone I don't like. I think James Brayshaw is a bit of a neanderthal but he did a terrifc job of objectively commentating a game featuring the team he was President of. Hope McGuire was taking notes.
    I can understand the Bulldogs complaint. I mean the rules clearly states they need to get 150% more free kicks than their opponents. Just like in the 2016 grand final. Great to see them suffer!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Closing in on 3/4 time, Collingwood leads the free kick count 24 - 10. Bulldog-esque figures!
    We are up against so many potential Vic 'fairytales' this season.....of course the Demons (success starved for so long), Norf (no-one gave them a chance this season, popular wooden spoon tip), Magpies (because they're Collingwood but this scenario should be seen as a fable than a fairytale) and not forgetting 'the two-peat Tigers!'.......and three of these teams share the 'jewel in the crown' home ground.....I think I hope we meet the WC or the Power in the GF, if we make it that is.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    We are up against so many potential Vic 'fairytales' this season.....of course the Demons (success starved for so long), Norf (no-one gave them a chance this season, popular wooden spoon tip), Magpies (because they're Collingwood but this scenario should be seen as a fable than a fairytale) and not forgetting 'the two-peat Tigers!'.......and three of these teams share the 'jewel in the crown' home ground.....I think I hope we meet the WC or the Power in the GF, if we make it that is.
    Poor old umpires didn't know what to do in the Bulldogs/North game. Who to favour? End result? Free kicks were 23 all.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Cameron was never looking to mark the ball, knew he was late to the contest, chose to raise the elbow, concussed a player, that's in the 4-6 range, can't be less for a raised elbow and that result. GWS will be sweating that it's only 4 weeks.

Wearing my conspiracy theory hat, AFL will water it down to help their team GWS :-)

This is exactly what the Vic media want you to believe. GWS get watered down to 4 weeks for what is a 3-4 week suspension.
    The days of non Vic teams being AFL lovechildren is long gone. It's Vic fairytales all the way now.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I'd think 4
    I'm revising that up, based on the concerning news about Andrews this morning. Best wishes to him for a full recovery.

Some incidents look better after watching the replay a few times. For me, this one looks worse with repeat viewing.

Veterans List
    Having watched the replay several times I can't find one thing that Cameron could use in his defence, everything about what he did was wrong, not looking at the ball, jumping in the air, fists clenched, elbow head high, guy been to hospital with a brain bleed, Cameron has a lot of form including breaking a jaw.

This is just the kind of incident that can end a career and a look the game doesn't need. Can't see it's less than 6 weeks, back fresh just in time for us!

No doubt it was a very dodgy act, bit using the Barry hall staker punch as a reference (7 weeks). Cameron was in a marking contest (or, in play), wasn't closed fist, and his head was turned away during contact.
    6 weeks is like saying it's almost just as bad as hall's strike.

If Harris Andrews is forced to retire from football due to a brain injury from the incident, even if this is determined some time in the future, should Cameron be given additional penalties for ending a player's career? Could such a player receive a lifetime ban in a sort of 'eye for an eye' type sanction?

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    No doubt it was a very dodgy act, bit using the Barry hall staker punch as a reference (7 weeks).
    The Hall incident was 13 years ago, suspensions have changed, for better or worse, since then.

Cameron was in a marking contest (or, in play), wasn't closed fist, and his head was turned away during contact.
    A luxury not afforded to Harris :-(
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

No doubt it was a very dodgy act, bit using the Barry hall staker punch as a reference (7 weeks). Cameron was in a marking contest (or, in play), wasn't closed fist, and his head was turned away during contact.
    Cameron's eyes were on Andrews the whole way until just before the point of contact. He was never looking for the ball. It was intentional all day long. 8 weeks + from my point of view and he wants to hope Andrews recovers fine or he might need a good lawyer.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast