Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 14 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 14 Weekly Discussion Thread

The last 'bye' round.....after which we can say 'bye 'bye. Thank goodness for that. I can understand the players liking it but it's a fan-bore.....

Crap game tonight, potentially good one tomorrow night (Port v Melb) and then boredom for the rest of the weekend, with games that tip themselves.

**Breaking news!** Apparently the key to winning the premiership is 'knock-on's' and the Tigers are the 'best' at it......give them the cup now!!!

Knock-on kings: Who uses it the most to score? - AFL.com.au

We rank poorly in this area, scoring 16% (2nd worst %) of the time from our 3rd last ranked 49 knock on's to Richmonds 1st ranked 34% scoring from their 2nd ranked 98 knock on's!! It begs the question, is afl.com.au struggling for a story this week??!!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 21st June 2018 at 05:18 PM.

I think West Coast's performance tonight might be a good benchmark for us see where we are at.

If they play like they did last Friday, they should thump Essendon who were very ordinary when I saw them play Tigers a few weeks back.

Six day turnaround and a trip across the country might have some effect. Especially seeing as their opponents have had a week off.

I'll be watching, but only until about 9:45 (earlier if a crap game). I can't remember what it is but there is something I want to watch on another channel and I am very excited for it.

Missing Darling and Kennedy might even things up a bit.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    The last 'bye' round.....after which we can say 'bye 'bye. Thank goodness for that. I can understand the players liking it but it's a fan-bore.....

Crap game tonight, potentially good one tomorrow night (Port v Melb) and then boredom for the rest of the weekend, with games that tip themselves.

**Breaking news!** Apparently the key to winning the premiership is 'knock-on's' and the Tigers are the 'best' at it......give them the cup now!!!

Knock-on kings: Who uses it the most to score? - AFL.com.au

We rank poorly in this area, scoring 16% (2nd worst %) of the time from our 3rd last ranked 49 knock on's to Richmonds 1st ranked 34% scoring from their 2nd ranked 98 knock on's!! It begs the question, is afl.com.au struggling for a story this week??!!
    Nonsense statistic

Veteran Site Admin
    David King really has a hard on for the Tigers. On AFL360 last night, they completed their mid-season report cards for each team (which they've been doing over three weeks, focussing each week on the teams that have the bye).

King gave the Tigers a score of A+, which should indicate that they've had a perfect season thus far that couldn't have been improved upon. Of course, there was no mention that they've lost all three of their games outside of Victoria, and lost them convincingly at that. Now, in terms of their premiership defence, it may not matter that they can't win on the road, given the privilege awarded to many of the Victorian clubs of barely having to travel outside Victoria. But I'd have thought that for a team to earn an A+ ranking they'd have had to have shown some ability to play away from their home turf.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    David King really has a hard on for the Tigers. On AFL360 last night, they completed their mid-season report cards for each team (which they've been doing over three weeks, focussing each week on the teams that have the bye).

King gave the Tigers a score of A+, which should indicate that they've had a perfect season thus far that couldn't have been improved upon. Of course, there was no mention that they've lost all three of their games outside of Victoria, and lost them convincingly at that. Now, in terms of their premiership defence, it may not matter that they can't win on the road, given the privilege awarded to many of the Victorian clubs of barely having to travel outside Victoria. But I'd have thought that for a team to earn an A+ ranking they'd have had to have shown some ability to play away from their home turf.
    Fair call Liz but hard to crack Melbourne insularity

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I think West Coast's performance tonight might be a good benchmark for us see where we are at.

Six day turnaround and a trip across the country might have some effect. Especially seeing as their opponents have had a week off.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Missing Darling and Kennedy might even things up a bit.
    What the *&^% is going on in Perth atm?? 32 to 1 in Essendons favour, 23 minutes in. Essendon do look a lot fresher.

Senior Player

Swans? A-?

We could move up a spot without playing.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Eagles truly awful at the moment. Umps doing their best to help - 17 to 9 Eagles way = but haven't been able to lift the team yet.

David King really has a hard on for the Tigers.
    I think someone has stolen Liz�s log-on details!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I think we broke the Eagles.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast