Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd15 vs Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Bell an in for my Supercoach team this week, cheapest M/F option in the league
    I think Toby Pink must have died or did he ever exist? Nobody has mentioned him. He is no longer on the official injury list that we send to the AFL. He has not been seen for about four weeks. I think he must have disappeared into mystique. He didn't exactly exist did he? Was he only a figment of my imagination? Have I suddenly developed a such schizophrenic personality that I am now inventing charactors who would look good in an Enid Blyton novel? Do I need a favourite player so badly I'd invent one? I'm aghast at the nature of my intent if that was my intent? Has anybody ever really seen Toby? Anybody else I mean?

Just got a message from the club saying McHack is a likely in.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    It�s up on the website now. The basic gist of it, is that McVeigh had a minor calf strain, is now fine and should play against Richmond. While Reid, Melican and Bell, are all good chances to return in the NEAFL this week.
    Having now read the article on the Swans website it's not as clear cut as that. I could see them wanting Reid back rather than McCartin if they think he's up to it.

The piece McVeigh set to return - sydneyswans.com.au says:

"Harley said the pair [Reid and Melican] will be pushing their case for senior selection.

�Thursday for an AFL recall might come too fast, as there are load issues and those sorts of things to worry about,� Harley said.

�Certainly I would be expecting them to be available, they haven�t had any setbacks and it is really positive, so we are looking forward to having those players back really soon.�

- - - Updated - - -

How quickly Richmond's fortune's changed. It was round 23, 2016 when the Swans annihilated Richmond 164 to 51.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think Toby Pink must have died or did he ever exist? Nobody has mentioned him. He is no longer on the official injury list that we send to the AFL. He has not been seen for about four weeks. I think he must have disappeared into mystique. He didn't exactly exist did he? Was he only a figment of my imagination? Have I suddenly developed a such schizophrenic personality that I am now inventing charactors who would look good in an Enid Blyton novel? Do I need a favourite player so badly I'd invent one? I'm aghast at the nature of my intent if that was my intent? Has anybody ever really seen Toby? Anybody else I mean?
    Almost reminds me of the bad old days pre internet when the club was incompetent enough to use first round draft picks on players who would never set foot in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I saw Toby at the last home game. He was standing at the back of the corporate boxes on Level 4 in the Brewwongle/Churchill sending messages on his phone.
    He's a great kid.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    I hope Allir stays in. His best role is the spare in defence and his intercept marking is handy no matter what the size of the oppositions forward line.

In: McVeigh
    Out: Marsh

My changes:

Out: Hannebery (he is cooked)

We are pretty close to our best 22 now (excluding Naismith and Mills). I would say Reid and Melican in next for Marsh and McCartin then we are at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    My changes:

We are pretty close to our best 22 now (excluding Naismith and Mills). I would say Reid and Melican in next for Marsh and McCartin then we are at full strength.
    And look at the depth outside the 22 (I'm going to assume you're keeping Hanners in the 22): Towers, Fox, Newman, Marsh, Robinson, Aliir, Dawson, O'Riordan, Cameron, McCartin, Stoddart, Foote - almost all of whom have hopefully got more seniors footy in front of them than they do behind them.

Next season we will hopefully be strengthened by the return of Mills and Naismith plus whatever trades and drafts we do (in each case it will certainly be because we think that the overall outcome will strengthen us sooner or later).

I wonder how many of those players outside the 22 we are in danger of losing during trade period? Newman looks on the cards to go. Towers a distinct possibility if he can't regain his place in seniors. Aliir? Dawson? Others at risk of de-listing: Foote, Robinson, Marsh? Also forgot about Rose above. I think he will de-listed or traded at season's end. I think his papers have been stamped.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    My changes:

Horse said today that he was pleased with the job Hannebery did on Gaff last week. He's a definite in.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Horse said today that he was pleased with the job Hannebery did on Gaff last week. He's a definite in.
    Hanners now a tagger!
    In McVeigh, Out Marsh, Aliir just has to stay in to build continuity in the run to the finals, did some very good things last week first up.

Sounds like Reid & Melican back for ressies next week on managed game time so unlikely to be seen before North or Gold Coast. Let's not rush anyone back as a reoccurrence puts their whole year in jeopardy.

hen are Thursday teams announced?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast