Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd15 vs Richmond

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    Who do we think Hewett will be given a tagging role on? Dusty has been playing well below his best this year, so I'm thinking he goes to Cotchin
    I was thinking that too

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Will be interesting to see who makes way to McPointer today. I think Marsh.

They may want to keep Aliir in for continuity as Melican may still be a couple of weeks away.
    Defensive match-ups are the key. And I'm not just talking about talls and small. Tiger forwards are not only quick but also very fit. In fact theri whole side is. I believe the fittest team in the league. When other teams are starting to fatigue in last quarters, they turn it up another notch. I think Aliir is quicker than Marsh, but not sure who would run out the game better.

Senior Player
    I'd be surprised if Aliir wasn't selected, given Longmire's comments in the presser after the WCE game.

I�m astonished there are still people on here referring to Jarrad McVeigh using names that I don�t think are appropriate now or in the past .
    They may not be meant as derogatory but they could be taken that way.
    Jarrad
    � has played 311 games for Sydney.
    � Captained the Swans to the 2012
    Premiership.
    � was captain for 5 yrs
    � has twice won the B. Skilton Medal
    � all Australian in 2013

He�s had a remarkable season .
    Not that what he�s achieved is even relevant.

Would you walk up to him at a function if he�s standing among a group or with his family (or any of our players) and address him by the names above?

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Having now read the article on the Swans website it's not as clear cut as that. I could see them wanting Reid back rather than McCartin if they think he's up to it.

The piece McVeigh set to return - sydneyswans.com.au says:

"Harley said the pair [Reid and Melican] will be pushing their case for senior selection.

�Thursday for an AFL recall might come too fast, as there are load issues and those sorts of things to worry about,� Harley said.

�Certainly I would be expecting them to be available, they haven�t had any setbacks and it is really positive, so we are looking forward to having those players back really soon.�

- - - Updated - - -

How quickly Richmond's fortune's changed. It was round 23, 2016 when the Swans annihilated Richmond 164 to 51.

If you bothered to listen to the injury update he also said they would not be ready to play by Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I saw Toby at the last home game. He was standing at the back of the corporate boxes on Level 4 in the Brewwongle/Churchill sending messages on his phone.
    He's a great kid.
    He's from Glenelg of course he is. Annie you didn't happen to ask him what was the problem and how long did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I�m astonished there are still people on here referring to Jarrad McVeigh using names that I don�t think are appropriate now or in the past .
    Jarrad
    Premiership.
    � was captain for 5 yrs
    � all Australian in 2013

Would you walk up to him at a function if he�s standing among a group or with his family (or any of our players) and address him by the names above?
    No one is to good for nick-names. Nick names are the great egalitarian leveller.
    He did do a lot of pointing a few years back.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    No one is to good for nick-names. Nick names are the great egalitarian leveller.
    He did do a lot of pointing a few years back.
    Pointed us to a flag. Has been a very good player for most of his career and this year has wound back the clock, very important to us and a big decision will need to be made at years end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Horse said today that he was pleased with the job Hannebery did on Gaff last week. He's a definite in.
    They both got 24 but i thought Gaff used the ball far better than Dan. So in reality I can't see how 24 is a shut down job, 16 yes, 24 no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Jarrad
    Premiership.
    � was captain for 5 yrs
    � all Australian in 2013

Absolutely spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Thats Allirs only role. He isnt a close checking defender, not really strong one on one and has to be lead to the ball. That doesnt make him suitable for a whole heap of positions and possibly why he gets overlooked by the swans coaches.
    I dispute several of your assertions. Have you seen his record against opponents? He has quite a good record of keeping opponents quiet. I don't think he has to be lead to the ball otherwise he would be useless as an intercept player. His major problem is backing himself against opponents and leaving a gap between him and them. He seems to be able to make up that gap most times but it does give coaches heartburn. His second problem is one where when they have the ball, he can seem almost nonchalant and some of his tackling is soft. The last is the worst and I think and coaches get really pissed off by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I'm not sure I would have Hannebery in the best 22 anymore. Who makes way for him? I would have Florent, Cunningham, Haywood, Ronke, Papley, Jack and Hewett all ahead of him.
    i think I might just have Heens, Parksie and Joey ahead of him too.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast