Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Changes for Rd15 vs Richmond

We are overdogs with the bookies, so that�s a good thing.
    Not many teams can stop the Tiggers manic assault forward .
    Our defence will test them .

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    We are overdogs with the bookies, so that�s a good thing.
    Not many teams can stop the Tiggers manic assault forward .
    Our defence will test them .
    Provided our newly minted (this season) forward line of codgers and youngsters can click the Tiggers will have at least as much to worry about as we do! Though we'd be even better with Papley on deck.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Being bloody nervous.
    OMG... the strain!!!!
    For some reason, I'm remarkably calm at the moment.....surely that won't last as the game gets closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Has played one decent quarter of football in about 3 years ... truly an amazing selection for this game ... any chance now gone. Glad I'm going out ... but hope I'm miraculously wrong.
    Gee Gary.....LOVE your optimism! That's why your not called 'Horse'. Enjoy your 'night out'......

I�m extremely nervous. Head says we�ll lose, heart hopes we win. It�s going to be a serious examination of the credentials of the playing and coaching group.

I�ll be interested to see if Horse and co took anything tactically from the Tiger defeats e.g. short kicks out of defence. The other tactic is giving Rance a genuine opponent. I think Buddy�s got that covered.

Hoping it�s a great game.

Swans by a point.

Senior Player
    One thing that may have been overlooked with the selection of Rose is that in the 2016 season where he strung a few games together he averaged over 5 tackles per game. Performing like that tonight could provide the edge in forward pressure that may decide the game

Rose did ok for a kid. I wouldnt drop him after this game. A bit like Florent, he needs a good 5 to 6 weeks of seniors to see his value.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Rose did ok for a kid. I wouldnt drop him after this game. A bit like Florent, he needs a good 5 to 6 weeks of seniors to see his value.

Agree with this. If we judged a number of our players on the one game last night, there would be a lot of omissions.

Veteran Site Admin
    Whether Rose retains his spot may depend on Papley�s fitness. But even if Papley is available I�d prefer they give Rose another go and �rest� Jack. We know Jack has struggled with a hip issue for a couple of seasons. Ow. He doesn�t look anything like fit enough to be able to make any valuable contribution.

Veterans List
    To be fair to Rose he injured his shoulder in the 3rd quarter and I barely saw him after that.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I thought his effort was good, but he demonstrated again he really is a fringe player at the AFL level at best. This is his 4th year on the list now too, and he still looks a fair way off becoming an established AFL player, at least at the Swans. I agree with Liz though - happy to see him stay and Jack given a rest when Papley returns, on the hope somehow we can eek just a bit more out of Kizza later in the season.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789