Thread: Sydney Uni Bombers-Women's- Tough times

Sydney Uni Bombers-Women's- Tough times

Biggest surprise of the year so far has to be Sydney Uni Bombers form. Currently in last spot with 2 wins from their 10 games under a new coach. After going through undefeated to win a flag in 2014, their home and away record has been: 13-11-2 (2015) 16-14-2 (2016) and 17-16-1 (2017). Although starting favourites in the last three Grand Finals, haven't been able to jag a flag. A new coach this year replaced the long time previous coach. Their reserves are currently at 0-10. Last Saturday, they were defeated by the team that was running last, Western Wolves, by 48 points, a massive loss especially in the top tier of female footy.
    I realise that all their stars haven't been available at various times during the season (Though they did have 4 AFLW players as well as 2 state players in their close loss to Auburn-Penrith Giants in a game at Sydney Uni #1, a ground they had only lost to one team in the previous 3 years) but surely with their scholarship programmes and heavy recruiting, this would have attracted plenty of talent. Men's teams, from NEAFL to Div 3 are all pretty well on fire, Could they miss out on finals for the first time since St Paul was a kiddie?

Almost Football Legend
    I was a bit surprised when I was putting the report together on Sunday night and noticed they were last. Although they had plenty of players unavailable last week playing in the AFLW Winter Series in Brisbane; so plenty of upsets in Womens Prems last weekend.
    But having been dominant for so long, it's not a bad thing that some other clubs are having success at that level. Mac Uni look the team to beat; and Auburn-Penrith seem to know how to get over the line in the close games.
    Australian Football. It's what makes our country great.

My thoughts on footy, sport, current events and life in snippets of 140 characters or less - @tealfooty