Thread: Sydney Uni Bombers-Women's- Tough times

Sydney Uni Bombers-Women's- Tough times

Biggest surprise of the year so far has to be Sydney Uni Bombers form. Currently in last spot with 2 wins from their 10 games under a new coach. After going through undefeated to win a flag in 2014, their home and away record has been: 13-11-2 (2015) 16-14-2 (2016) and 17-16-1 (2017). Although starting favourites in the last three Grand Finals, haven't been able to jag a flag. A new coach this year replaced the long time previous coach. Their reserves are currently at 0-10. Last Saturday, they were defeated by the team that was running last, Western Wolves, by 48 points, a massive loss especially in the top tier of female footy.
    I realise that all their stars haven't been available at various times during the season (Though they did have 4 AFLW players as well as 2 state players in their close loss to Auburn-Penrith Giants in a game at Sydney Uni #1, a ground they had only lost to one team in the previous 3 years) but surely with their scholarship programmes and heavy recruiting, this would have attracted plenty of talent. Men's teams, from NEAFL to Div 3 are all pretty well on fire, Could they miss out on finals for the first time since St Paul was a kiddie?

Almost Football Legend
    I was a bit surprised when I was putting the report together on Sunday night and noticed they were last. Although they had plenty of players unavailable last week playing in the AFLW Winter Series in Brisbane; so plenty of upsets in Womens Prems last weekend.
    But having been dominant for so long, it's not a bad thing that some other clubs are having success at that level. Mac Uni look the team to beat; and Auburn-Penrith seem to know how to get over the line in the close games.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty