Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 15 Richmond v Sydney Etihad 7.20 pm EST 28 June 2018 #SydneySwans #SwansTigers

Veteran Site Admin
    I�m surprised he�s even been fined. Looked like an open hand, pushing motion in reaction to Rance�s arm pushing down on his throat.

Veterans List
    Rance should be ashamed of the way he plays football. Here he is 'reacting' to a Lance shove on his shoulders.....

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxuserco...2f8eab5b95.png

....and after he reels away, he stumbles pathetically as if he's been stunned in some way. He is an embarrassment to football......he'd be right at home at the World Cup.

The ugly beard who elbowed Parks in the eye got a week.
    W. T. Actual. F?????
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    The ugly beard who elbowed Parks in the eye got a week.
    W. T. Actual. F?????
    Yes he should get more. If Parker had gone down #Rance-style he might have got more. Parker foolishly shrugged it off and kicked the goal.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Wasn't there an incident a few years ago when Brian Lake was choking Drew Petrie and he retaliated by eye gouging Lake? If I recall correctly I don't think that Petrie was suspended. I know that what Rance did wasn't the same as choking but he still had his arm pushed down on Buddy's throat. And what's worse is that the umpire was standing right next to them so surely he saw what was happening??
    More like 'standing there waiting for the retaliation'. The free kick stats released a couple of weeks ago back up the 'fact' that the umpires do Buddy no favours by judging him differently to others to the point of constantly handicapping his performance. The AFL's anger at us recruiting him has permeated through to the umpiring department who now reflect the AFL's motivations on a weekly basis. The AFL umpiring dept. is NOT our friend just as the AFL is NOT our friend. These days, they don't even try to hide it......

Veterans List
    What did Astbury do to McCartin?

"David Astbury, Richmond, has been charged with misconduct against Tom McCartin, Sydney Swans, during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between Richmond and the Sydney Swans, played at Etihad Stadium on Thursday June 28, 2018.

In summary, he can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Harsh - but fair. No one is gonna pay much for an injury prone speedster who gets 5 touches a game. He needs to change the way he plays if any hope of continuing (at any team). Get more touches and look for a better option before trying to be a hero.
    West Coast took Jetta....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Hmm, the bye. It's true, we are now 3 wins / 6 losses after byes, since 2011 when they were reintroduced. But that puts us about in the middle: some teams go worse (Geelong! only 1 win after a bye), others go better (Hawthorn, only 1 loss after a bye).

Difficult to say anything statistical as there are so few "post-bye" games compared with "not post-bye" games. But here's a chart anyway (to 2017).

Attachment 2162

What you really want to know is which of those games were they expected to win, which would involve getting historical odds for all the games...for another day.
    If I'm reading that correctly, most teams are worse after a bye. Lets put it down to an aberration, and move on.

But Rohan going missing in another big game has surely worn out his coaches browny points. If you watch him off the ball, his field positioning instincts seem to be to go to the least likely place the ball will end up. He may be only getting a game because we really drop off after top 15 players, and no one better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    As an anaesthetist who deals with over 1000 airways a year, Rance's actions were staging to the extreme. I felt embarrassed watching him!
    It was embarrassing - but he got the result (12 point turnaround). So, it worked (that time).

Will only stop once the AFL has a serious stance on over-the-top staging.

Very un-Richmond-like?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    My problem with Hanners is he is running at about half pace and struggles to kick more than thirty meters. If Horse can't see that then he has a problem.
    I'm sure he does see it but imagine the headlines if Horse said; "Yeah Hanners is playing like crap because he's carrying an injury".

The way Heeney looked on the bench during the game suggests it was a decent knock and I will be surprised if he plays against the Cats. His eyes didn't seem to be focused on anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I know that what Rance did wasn't the same as choking but he still had his arm pushed down on Buddy's throat. And what's worse is that the umpire was standing right next to them so surely he saw what was happening??
    I think the umpire did see. You could hear the umpire say something like �there�s no reason to hit him high Lance�. My interpretation of those words was that the umpire knew why Buddy had hit out, it was the high strike that was penalised.