Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Changes Round 16 - vs Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The swans weakness is the "long tail" they have (in cricket terms). Our bottom 5 players (in the 22) are far weaker than anyone else in the top 8.
    This is the challenge longmire must address before september. When you have players like Kirk, Rohan and Hannerbury in your tail. Players who should be in their prime and contributing, its a worry. I dont mind having Rose, McCartin, maybe Ronke as a small tail, but right now our tail is probably 6 or 7 players deep!
    Kirkie? Thought he was mids coach? Has he made a comeback? I think you might mean Jack? It is not about the tail as you put it. The problem is thatg we have some experienced players who have stopped performing for one reason or another. Even though Rohan didn't get much ball he impacted games because of his pressure acts and goal kicking. Not now. Jack was a top quality mid, if not a bit wayward in delivery. Not now. Hannas was a star, he was a running machine, a ball magnet and accumulator, he is the bravest player in the AFL. But due to his body failing him. Not now. The bravery is still there but the body is not fit for it.

Gee I think even Hawks would take Ronke as a part of their tail, Richmond too. The kid is a gem. I think we bat quite strongly right down to the 22nd man. I think Cats have more of a problem than us. If they had as many injuries as we have had this season I'm sure they would have dropped even more games. In fact we have not dropped too many with 9 players out injured at one stage. That is almost half a side. We have a very strong list compared to most clubs.

MCS QUOTE

Damn cheat boy Stevic again - Hawks #1 member back for another go grrr. {end quote}

Stevic is typical of the VFL old guard. They favour all Victorian sides over the interstate sides. Last week two of the umpires were terrible, Stevic and Finley.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    MCS QUOTE

Damn cheat boy Stevic again - Hawks #1 member back for another go grrr. {end quote}

Stevic is typical of the VFL old guard. They favour all Victorian sides over the interstate sides. Last week two of the umpires were terrible, Stevic and Finley.
    Yep indeed wolftone - hopefully we are good enough to take any errant umpiring out of the equation, but Stevic will still do his best (Worst)...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    According to my brother, Stevic also hates Geelong so maybe Stevic will be neutral tonight 😉.
    I wonder why?!!! Oh yeah, Hawthorn supporter......

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Embarrassing himself and hurting the team? Please stop. IMO even a half fit Hannebery will bring more to the team than anyone else in the Neafl team. Foote and Robinson have all been tried in the past and their numbers don't stack up to what Hannebery is currently producing. Besides it is not just about numbers. Hannebery is an elite player who is three time all Australian, two time top 5 brownlow medal vote getter, Afl coaches award winner. He is a premiership player and vice captain of the club. He has given his all for our club and should be given the respect all that deserves. He has many credits in the bank. To those that think that he could easily be replaced by a neafl player are dreaming. Any neafl player with an ounce of Hannebery's talent would have already been playing regular senior football. Don't forget Hannebery was playing senior football as a school boy.

Hannebery is not the only player down on last years numbers. Both Dangerfield and Martin are down about 25% on last years stats as well. In fact a number of elite players are experiencing a decline in stats. Whilst clearly Hannebery is not 100%, I suspect that there is more to this overall decline in numbers by the games best players . The 'state of the game' or over officiating, I'm not sure. Whatever it is, perhaps some players are more affected than others. Hannebery is a champion and he will respond like all champions do.
    What did you think of his response tonight?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    What did you think of his response tonight?
    Apparently he did his calf early in the game.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910