Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 16 - vs Geelong

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan

Changes Round 16 - vs Geelong

First game after a bye is usually a shocker anyway.

We had a number of poor performers, but I don't expect wholesale changes.

OUTS:
    Jack - is now being shown up with his lack of pace and poor kicking penetration.
    Rose - tried to get into the game but couldn't get into the rhythm.

Possible:
    Heeney: Concussion may not be over it in time.

IN:

Papley - if fully fit replaces Rose.

Newman for Jack.

Fox for Heeney if ruled out.

Key match ups:

Dangerfield = Hewett, when Danger goes to forward line the Rampe picks him up
    Hawkins = Allir has the ability to match him on the lead but will need help if he has to work body to body
    Blicavs = Rohan, let's see if Gary can do a run with role. He has the pace to match and has the ability to match him in the air
    sprite

I�ve already posted my team views on another thread but in summary I would go:
    In: Papley, Cameron, Maibaum, Towers
    Out: Rose, Rohan, Aliir, Jack
    With Hanners on last chance. If Heeney is out, reprieve for Rohan.

I�m not expecting wholesale changes given that the NEAFL game gives only a 5 day break for anyone who played there. However, Towers did not play (along with Robinson and Fox) and I�m expecting/hoping he comes back in as I think we miss his versatility and effort. I�m also expecting Paps to return.

The big question for me is the outs. Rose is a definite out but Heeney and his concussion has to be a worry. If he is out then I think Rohan will be given a reprieve. Therefore:

Ins: Towers, Papley
    Outs: Rohan/Heeney, Rose

Senior Player
    OUT: Jack, Rose, Rohan
    IN: Fox, Papley, Towers

Veterans List
    Time to move out perennial passengers before it's too late in the season. Rohan, KJ & Rose out, Papley, Towers 2nd ruck, Robbo in. Robbo couldn't be less effective than KJ has become, sorry but necessary.

Seems to be a sense here on #RAWO that the Richmond game marked several players cards - namely Hanners, Kizza, Gaz, Rose. I think that Horse will persist with Hanners (given his comments after the game) and may give KJ a chance to atone against Geelong. But I'd like to think he won't. I wonder if he'll agree with almost everyone here re: Rohan? And will either of Melican or Reid be ready to play off limited game time and a 5 day break?

Very interesting selection this week. Papley for Rose is a no brainer. The rest are not.

OUT: Rohan, Rose
    IN: Towers, Papley

Veteran Site Admin
    I find it disappointing that so many are keen to jettison Rose so quickly. He actually had some nice touches - including his involvement in the second Ronke goal and the Florent goal. It's pretty tough to expect someone to immediately step up from NEAFL level and contribute significantly against the reigning premiers.

If Papley's ready he'll come back in but there are three players I'd rather see him replace than Rose (and a fourth possibility if Heeney isn't right to play).

Oh, and I don't think it's about giving someone like Jack the chance to atone. I don't for one moment doubt his desire or effort. It surely comes down to whether his body is fit enough to allow him to contribute in the way we need him to.

The fact that we're playing Thursday night again will have the biggest influence with selection, as anyone coming up from the NEAFL will only have a 5 day break. With that in mind I expect only 1 change (assuming Heeney will be OK)

IN: Papley
    OUT: Rose

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    The fact that we're playing Thursday night again will have the biggest influence with selection, as anyone coming up from the NEAFL will only have a 5 day break. With that in mind I expect only 1 change (assuming Heeney will be OK)

IN: Papley
    OUT: Rose
    They pulled Robinson, Towers and Fox from the NEAFL side, presumably in anticipation of the short turnaround (relative to the NEAFL game). So they, along with possibly Papley, are the only likely ins.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I find it disappointing that so many are keen to jettison Rose so quickly. He actually had some nice touches - including his involvement in the second Ronke goal and the Florent goal. It's pretty tough to expect someone to immediately step up from NEAFL level and contribute significantly against the reigning premiers.

If Papley's ready he'll come back in but there are three players I'd rather see him replace than Rose (and a fourth possibility if Heeney isn't right to play).

Oh, and I don't think it's about giving someone like Jack the chance to atone. I don't for one moment doubt his desire or effort. It surely comes down to whether his body is fit enough to allow him to contribute in the way we need him to.
    I agree about giving Rose another go this week. He's had a super NEAFL season and if he's dropped now it's as good as saying he's delisted, because there's next to nil chance of getting back in the senior side. It's a huge step up in intensity playing Richmond first up. I didn't think he was that far off the pace of the game.

It seems from the numerous comments on the match day thread that nearly everyone has had enough of carrying Hanners, Jack and Rohan. Let Hanners and Jack get their bodies right in the NEAFL and show they can still play senior footy. There's enough evidence that they are just not right at the moment.

I haven't given up on Rohan, but I have given up on him as a forward. He needs to reinvent himself himself as a halfback flanker if he wants to continue as an AFL footballer. He just doesn't produce enough as a forward and we now have plenty of talented of pressure forwards who are quick and can kick goals. So back to the NEAFL because there's just no place for him now unless he can make it in defence.

Papley and the rested Towers and Fox to replace those three. I'm not sure how many of those who played in the reserves Saturday will be up for a Thursday game on 5 days rest.

Agree with Liz and others Re : Rose

OUT : Heeney, Rohan

IN : Papley, Towers

Hannebery and Jack need to lift...Or if not right, rested!!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I'd only drop one of Rohan or jack. No need to ring wholesale changes yet.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast