Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    'Accounts' is probably the wrong term. Guests, i.e. non-registered visitors on the forum. Some will be people (RWO has a number of regular users who have never registered), some will be bots.
    Ta. Hopefully the bots are benign rather than malicious. Occasionally I attempt to get my head around the issue of bots on the internet. But it usually leaves me dazed and confused, unable to decide between, 'aw, it's really not so bad', and 'aargh, we're already living in a dystopian nightmare'.

Sorry everyone - can someone fix the draft thread please Brain wasn't thinking when I added the link, and for some reason the icons hadn't come up on the quick reply either
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Sorry everyone - can someone fix the draft thread please Brain wasn't thinking when I added the link, and for some reason the icons hadn't come up on the quick reply either
    This one doesn't seem fixable. My normal method of navigating to the post in such a way I can delete it isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This one doesn't seem fixable. My normal method of navigating to the post in such a way I can delete it isn't working.
    Oh no... I did it completely on autopilot until it 'twas too late to fix my error.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Fixed it by going through tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Thanks Ugg!

Interesting.

I only access RWO on Tapatalk and this issue has bemused me as I can always read the threads without issue despite the howls of anguish from others (who are presumably working through the website). Hadn’t occurred to me - but obviously Ugg did understand - that the simplest way to delete a troublesome post is to do it from Tapatalk.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    When i looked at the post in Tapatalk it was normal. I just had to remove the link from URL tagsWhich means that there is some script that runs on the website version that tries to expand the URL and is getting stuck on some JavaScript errors.

When i looked at the post in Tapatalk it was normal.
    Yes, the offending posts always look normal to me reading in Tapatalk. So I read on blissfully unaware ....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes, the offending posts always look normal to me reading in Tapatalk. So I read on blissfully unaware ....
    Yes. I prefer the mobile interface to Tapatalk, but I do scurry across to Tapatalk if it I screw up the thread with a rogue link because I can always access the post to repair it there.

Senior Player
    iview broke the trade thread! EDIT: fixed now.
    Last edited by neilfws; 13th October 2021 at 06:16 PM.

Sorry. My turn to stuff it up. I tried doing it using the globe button instructions but it still didn't work. I must have missed something.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)