Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

Senior Player
    In the menu bar under "Forum Actions" is an option "mark forums read", which I would like to use sometimes. However, when I click it I get:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.
    If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Regular in the Side
    I have just post message #100 in the 2019 ladder prediction for the swans with a link to a Fox Sport article. While the link works, the dsiplay of the link expanded to something so long that it cannot be viewed properly. More importantly, it does not allow me to edit it. Can the administrator please just delete it?

Not sure if this is the place, but the site clock didn't roll back.
    It's confusing my poor sleep deprived mind

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    I didn't even notice that save daylightings was over.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veteran Site Admin
    The last two pages of the draft and trading thread won't load for me, and haven't for several hours. After the brief site outage this morning, I had assumed for a while it was another problem with the site, but then I noticed on the forum index page that a new post had been added, so have realised the issue seems to be restricted to that one thread. By clicking on a different view, I can see that a couple of recent posts discuss the fact that the thread doesn't seem to be loading properly, but I still can't open the full version of those posts.

It could be that the thread has become corrupted in a way that only Danzar can fix. However, it seems odd that only the last two pages are affected.

It might be that someone has posted one of those links to a website that screws up the thread formatting. However, I can't see who has recently posted to the thread, other than the very last post (because I can see who made that).

Did anyone make a post this afternoon with a link that they think might be dodgy? If so, and you let me know, I can go in via a "recent posts by person" view and delete the offending post. However, I can't do this without knowing whose post I am looking for.

Anyone able to help?

Veteran Site Admin
    OK, so if the issue is a corrupted post, it was one made immediately after a post by Bloods05 just after 3pm today (with a post by Meg the one immediately preceding that). If you recall making a post immediately after seeing one by those two, please let me know.

In finding this out (by temporarily deleting posts on the last readable page to try and get to whichever post is causing the problem), I've now made the last three pages unreadable for me. But unfortunately the process didn't help me determine who might have made the post causing the problems.

Hey Liz I copied today a page link from https://www.foxsports.com.au

I’ve done over the years and didn’t appear to be an issue ?

Apologies if it has caused a problem ?

Veteran Site Admin
    Thanks AG but yours doesn't seem to be an offending post. I've extracted that post and parked it somewhere else, but that hasn't fixed the problem with the thread.

Anyone else remember posting something (or seeing something posted by someone else) that might be dodgy?

Veteran Site Admin
    As an alternative way of diagnosing, I think that when you read via Tapatalk, the links that have commonly messed up threads actually don't do the same damage. I don't use Tapatalk, and am having the same issue on my phone accessing the thread as I am on my PC. However, if anyone reading this thread is using Tapatalk, you might be able to see a post that looks like it might have caused the problem. If so, please post here, letting me know the poster.

Maybe it's Ludwig's post #3190 - seems there may be an issue with link to a channel 7 story.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Thanks for the suggestion Ocker. I've moved that post, and it does seem to have some very strange syntax in it, but in the place I've moved it to, I can actually read it. It hasn't fixed the issue with the penultimate page of the thread, but at least the last page is now opening OK, which means that new posts can be added - hopefully by all. I can see that some people have been able to add new posts to the thread, albeit many of them commenting on the fact the thread seem to be broken.

People will see that on page 263, which is readable, there are a handful of posts I've temporarily deleted in any attempt to change the page breaks and identify the offending post. I'll restore those eventually, but not until after I've located which post needs to be removed.

I can now see that there were several OK posts made after Bloods05's. There seem to be valid posts until 4.38pm. So I am looking for a post made shortly after that time.

If there are still problems, could it be Sandridge's post #3202 that incorporated Ludwig's post I mentioned earlier?

Thanks for all your efforts and commentary on RWO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast